We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the Edinburgh Playhouse

Glasgow
Level Contributor
99 posts
14 reviews
Restaurants near the Edinburgh Playhouse

Could anyone recommend a nice restaurant that is handy for the Edinburgh Playhouse please? Indian or Italian would be great!

Also, are there any nice pubs nearby? I am taking my Mum so would like to find somewhere laid back and not overly trendy

Thanks very much

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,893 posts
1 review
1. Re: Restaurants near the Edinburgh Playhouse

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186525-i108-k31…

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants near the Edinburgh Playhouse

Try the Barony round the corner at the bottom of Broughton Street

http://www.broughtonstreet.co.uk/barony.htm

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants near the Edinburgh Playhouse

Opposite the Playhouse is Mama Roma www.mama-roma.net

and just over half a mile away to the north in Brunswick Street is Vittoria on the Walk www.vittoriarestaurant.com/onthewalk both are very good

Scotland
Level Contributor
62 posts
4. Re: Restaurants near the Edinburgh Playhouse

www.giulianos.co.uk/union_place/home.html

Giulliano's is right opposite the Playhouse,I go to their place on the Shore Leith quite often and like it very much.

The Olive Branch in nearby Broughton Street is very good and I have enjoyed some good lunches there.

http://www.theolivebranchscotland.co.uk/

Inside the Omni cetre are lots of Chain resturants and bars and taking your mun there for a drink would be fine.

I had a meal in the Slug and Lettuce there late last year,I was not impressed by the food ,but the bar area was fine.

Unknown
Level Contributor
502 posts
102 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants near the Edinburgh Playhouse

theres the Passage to India but i wouldnt recommend it. As a big Indian fan, i find it a bit watery and too many frozen peas in the curry for some reason. the omni centre has la tasca and everything.

Musselburgh Scotland
Level Contributor
114 posts
130 reviews
6. Re: Restaurants near the Edinburgh Playhouse

Massimos Italian restaurant across the road and down the hill a bit from Playhouse , opposite roundabout to London Road-friendly staff and good food

7. Re: Restaurants near the Edinburgh Playhouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2010, 05:30