We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Novahotel

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
co.meath ireland
Level Contributor
259 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Novahotel

We are going to Endinburgh for Valentines weekend and have just booked this hotel. Has anyone ever stayed here before?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,630 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Novahotel

Firstly there are two Novotels in Edinburgh, one in the Centre and one on the outskirts at Edinburgh Park, which do you mean? Also there are plenty of reviews on both on this site, did you not read them or do you have a more specific question?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186525-d289742…

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,513 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Novahotel

This is presumably the Nova Hotel out in Bruntsfield Crescent EH10. No web presence I can find, and according to this site

www.ga-taxis.co.uk/edinburghhotels.html

it's no longer operating.

There are two reviews on here

travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-338329-nova_hotel-i

from 2005 and 2006.

Would Lisa1971 say where you have found this hotel listed?

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Novahotel

I suspect RonaldoC is correct and the OP means the Novotel.

Hopefully they'll come back and post again and let us know if this assumption is correct, and which Novotel they mean - the advice about staying in each of the two will be somewhat different!

co.meath ireland
Level Contributor
259 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Novahotel

Hi we are staying in the Novahotel in the centre, just anxious to hear any more reviews. Thanks in advance

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
12,993 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Novahotel

Lisa, is it the Nova Hotel or one of the Novotels? It doesn't sound like the Nova Hotel is still in business

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,630 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Novahotel

Thats just the point there is no Nova Hotel. Do you mean the Novotel? There are many reviews on the site, how many do you need?

If you want opinions then please at least get the name of the hotel correct especially after it has been pointed out already

co.meath ireland
Level Contributor
259 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Novahotel

Sorry to waste your time RonaldC, it doesnt matterTthanks all who repLied, sorry I got the name of the hotel wrong, it must be novatel, its on Luaristen place/street.My friend booked it for us, so again sorry for wrong information

co.meath ireland
Level Contributor
259 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Novahotel

Ok we will start again, it is Novotel and its on Lauriston Place, yes RonaldoC..... I have read the trip advisor comments on this hotel but was just wondering if anyone else might have something to add at this time that might not have had a chance before.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Novahotel

I would doubt that the name "Novahotel" would be permitted under copyright given the presence of Novotel in the Scottish capital. Novotel is a brand of the international Accor group.

co.meath ireland
Level Contributor
259 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Novahotel

yes like a I said it was a mistake, wrong hotel name.