We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis

england
4 posts
Save Topic
taxis

Hi i am planning a weekend to edinburgh and wondered if anyone could give me a rough idea how long it takes in a taxi to get from st andrews square bus station to kings manor hotel and a idea of the cost

thanks

Loch Ness, Highlands, Glencoe...
2,039 Reviews
from US$65.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Isle of Skye and Scottish Highlands...
507 Reviews
from US$345.50*
Highlands' Isle of Skye, Hogwarts...
171 Reviews
from US$581.60*
Special Offer
3-Day Isle of Skye and Highlands Tour...
110 Reviews
from US$287.90*
US$319.90
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,779 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxis

depending on time of day should take about 30 minutes or so,expect to pay in the region of £15 for the journey.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxis

I haven't done the trip myself. Based on typical journeys, 20 minutes and £15. Edinburgh taxis are expensive.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxis

You could always get the number 44 bus which stops right outside the Kings Manor.

england
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taxis

thansk i just thought a taxi would be faster but i believe there is not much in it then and about 12£ cheaper to get the bus! we are coming from Dunoon and wont arrive until 20.50pm and wanted to get to the hotel asap. does the bus go staright from st andrews bus station?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,779 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxis

the bus does not go from the bus station,you would have to walk down to Queens street or the far side of St Andrews square to get the bus.

http://lothianbuses.com/r44.php

Edited: 05 February 2010, 14:50
Mentioned in this post
St Andrews
St Andrews
Fife, UK
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxis

They stop in St Andrews square just across from the exit from the bus station or on York place if you exit via the other way out. There are two different bus companies but both are number 44. The number 6 and 124 also stop directly outside the Kings Manor.

Mentioned in this post
St Andrews
St Andrews
Fife, UK
York
York
North Yorkshire, UK
england
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: taxis

thanks so its not far to walk to catch the bus then as it leave 5 mins after the mega bus gets in and the next one is 20-30mins later by the looks of the bus timetable

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxis

You don't have to wait as long as 30 minutes - the Lothian Bus 44 / 44A runs every 10 minutes or so

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,067 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: taxis

Aside from potholes there are two things that Edinburgh has a surplus of - taxis and buses.

Of course neither are around when you need them

Musselburgh Scotland
Level Contributor
103 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxis

Hi

Just to flag that while the 44 service is very frequent during the day in the evening when I note you are arriving it does reduce to every 30 minutes -still the cheapest way of travel but I guess you will want to work out how tired you are and what the weather is.

Note first busses also operate a 44 service from the same stops which passes the Kings Manor