We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a central bed and breakfast

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
211 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
looking for a central bed and breakfast

I am looking for a comfy and central B & B for 6-7 nights end of April to beginning of May which is close to the center of Edinburgh, within 10 minutes walking distance (or less) to the center of things. Not looking for a 5 star, central location is really important. It's nice to be out and about during the day with an easy walk back to your room if needed. Really appreciate any suggestions!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a central bed and breakfast

Hi, Try Doris Crook B&B. You can google her and see if it is close enough, if not just google B&B Edinburgh.

Good luck

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a central bed and breakfast

Hi, Try Doris Crook B&B. You can google her and see if it is close enough, if not just google B&B Edinburgh.

Good luck

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a central bed and breakfast

I can't recommend a particular B&B. But the most central areas that have a decent number of B&B's are

Broughton Street: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HACSearch-g186525-c2-Edinburgh_Scotland.html#02,1265725015786,map:-1,sa:-2,bc_airports:S,bc_convention_centers:S,sortOrder:Sbv_popHigh,nameContains:S,bc_address:Sbroughton%20street,mc:S55.957775|-3.188926,mz:-15,cb:Anear_9

Stockbridge: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HACSearch-g186525-c2-Edinburgh_Scotland.html#02,1265725181640,map:-1,sa:-2,bc_airports:S,bc_convention_centers:S,sortOrder:Sbv_popHigh,nameContains:S,bc_address:Sraeburn%20place,mc:S55.959103|-3.212749,mz:-15,cb:Anear_9

West End: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HACSearch-g186525-c2-Edinburgh_Scotland.html#02,1265725236754,map:-1,sa:-2,bc_airports:S,bc_convention_centers:S,sortOrder:Sbv_popHigh,nameContains:S,bc_address:Shaymarket%20terrace,mc:S55.945915|-3.220553,mz:-15,cb:Anear_9

Click the above links for TA reviews of B&B's in these areas

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a central bed and breakfast

Tantallon GuestHouse on Tantallon Place is always a hit, in a lovely residential area in the centre of things, and great value.

scottishaccommodationindex.com/accommodation…

Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a central bed and breakfast

The travel lodges are very close if you don't mind staying them.

Madrid
Level Contributor
24 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for a central bed and breakfast

I was looking for the same thing and I found York Place B & B that lloks nice and is pretty central. If not, Ramsay's B & B is also close.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
211 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for a central bed and breakfast

After researching your suggestions, and getting some rejections, as some B&B's were already booked or were not available on a few of the nights, I booked at the Holyrood Aparthotel. I am hoping the location is not too far off from Princess street area and Grassmarket area.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for a central bed and breakfast

About three-quarters of a mile on the flat to Grassmarket.

About 1 mile to Jenners on Princes Street, with a bit of hill up St Mary's Street.

9. Re: looking for a central bed and breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 05:17