We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi-Life Diners Club Card

ireland
Level Contributor
356 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Hi-Life Diners Club Card

Hi all,

Am travelling to Edinburgh beginning of July, i am looking for recommendations for restaurants that accept Hi -Life Diners Club cards ( if u know they accept all Hi - Life cards and not just the Scottish card even better ) , i enjoy all types of cuisine and hope to try some traditional Scottish food also.

Many thanks in advance,

Cath

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi-Life Diners Club Card

I've never even heard of it so I suspect the choice will be limited. Perhaps you might be better asking Hi -Life Diners Club about restaurants that accept the card in Edinburgh.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi-Life Diners Club Card

www.hi-life.co.uk/Search.aspx…

Howies is OK

ireland
Level Contributor
356 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi-Life Diners Club Card

Hi Alan's ! Thanks for your replies.

I had checked the Hi Life website and there are in excess of 70 restaurants that accept the card in Edinburgh, i just wondered if anybody could recommend any of these restaurants. Some of the chains such as Pizza Express are on there.

I will have a look at Howies, maybe we'l try there.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi-Life Diners Club Card

Hi Cath32.

I had a look at the Hi-Life list - there is a huge range of restuarants on that list, not suprising you were after some advice!

I personally would recommend Centotre on George St, if you like Italian food in a stunning atmosphere. La Favorita on Leith Walk and Mamma's Pizza on Grassmarket both do excellent pizzas - if that is something you like.

The Stockbridge Restaurant and Whighams Wine cellars also get great reviews, although i have not been to either personally.

Howies is okay if you like basic food, but there are some more avant garde restaurants on that list that you may wish to check out :-)

Abs

ireland
Level Contributor
356 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi-Life Diners Club Card

Brilliant Abs , just the kind of info i was after,

Many thanks, Cath

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi-Life Diners Club Card

Here are four places which were included in the Hi-Life card this month: If you like good quality fresh food then I thoroughly recommend Iris on Thistle Street. It is one of the best places in Edinburgh you can go to without spending large sums of money. La Garrigue is also excellent. A room in town is also great quality and pretty reasonable. La Favorita is a pretty authentic Italian which was voted best pizzaria in the UK last year. It also does steaks and fish. When we last went there were Italians at the next table who were enjoying the food - we had a good meal too. If you are looking for a reliable guidebook with more info then Scotland the Best by Peter Irvine comes highly recommended.

7. Re: Hi-Life Diners Club Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2010, 05:16