We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trains: waverly to glasgow

VA, USA
Level Contributor
83 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
trains: waverly to glasgow

Will be visiting/staying in Edinburgh Jan 25-Feb 2. We plan on going to Glasgow for a day to see a band that's having an 8 p.m. show for Celtic Connections. Do trains run 24 hours between the two cities? Thanks. (I've been to Edinburgh before, but not Glasgow).

Glasgow
Level Contributor
539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trains: waverly to glasgow

No they don't.

I think the last train leaves Glasgow for Edinburgh at 2330.

You should make that okay.

Edited: 07 June 2010, 22:59
Glasgow
Level Contributor
539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trains: waverly to glasgow

2330 it is

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/timetables

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
992 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trains: waverly to glasgow

I agree with post 1 above, trains do not run 24 hours a day. See www.scotrail.co.uk for more information.

Note that Scottish Citylink buses also do not run overnight between Edinburgh and Glasgow (except during the Edinburgh Festival).

Edinburgh
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: trains: waverly to glasgow

Nothing to add about the trains, but just wanted to check that you know that the programme for the 2011 Celtic Connections won't be released for several months. The programme that is still available on their website is for this years's festival (2010).

Apologies if you have some inside info but wanted to make sure you are basing your decisions on the right info.

VA, USA
Level Contributor
83 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trains: waverly to glasgow

Yes, thanks! I know the schedule isn't posted yet. I'm just supposing that there'll be a band I want to see at that time. Thanks for the input. Once it is posted, I suppose the smart thing to do would be to get a room.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trains: waverly to glasgow

You may well have plenty of time to get back to Edinburgh so a room in Glasgow not necessarily required, however it would allow you some more flexibility and the possibility of a later night!

7. Re: trains: waverly to glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 07:25