We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

polwarth terrace.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
polwarth terrace.

hi. myself and hubby travel to edinburgh on 29th july next. We want to stay near polwarth terrace and as we do not know the area code can anyone name some nearby hotels. thank you

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: polwarth terrace.

I would think that the Royal Ettrick would be the closest with their post code being EH10 5BJ www.royalettrick.com and

bookassist.com/scotland/Royal_Ettrick_Hotel_…

Being a 3 (?) star hotel it does however get some very mixed reviews on tripadvisor so well worth checking these out. I am led to believe that the owners have had some refurbishment completed but do not know when.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,138 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: polwarth terrace.

Polwarth Terrace is mostly "EH11 1N*" where "*" is a letter.

UK postcodes are VERY precise, often down to 3 or 4 hours in a single street

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186525-d2517… is the only place I know on the street itself

Edited: 05 July 2010, 22:52
edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: polwarth terrace.

Forgot to mention that the Best Western Bruntsfield Hotel

located at 69 Bruntsfield Place, Edinburgh EH10 4HH‎ is about a ten minute walk away from the east end of Polwarth Terrace

It gets better reviews on tripadvisor

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,138 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: polwarth terrace.

Hours = houses

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,837 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: polwarth terrace.

The Ettrick is definitely the nearest. Alanrow's suggestion of the Orwell Lodge won't do you much good - it's been demolished quite recently (I only know this cause of the shock of walking past it - I'd had some fun times in that hotel function suite).

Is it a full-service hotel you are looking for? There are quite a few B&Bs/guest houses on Granville Terrace which might be worth looking in to. Note that B&Bs in the UK are different to the US - it's more like someone's house where they let out two or three rooms. They can be cosy and friendly, but clearly don't have hotel facilities like a bar, restaurant etc.

I live quite close to Polwarth Terrace so can happily give you other advice on the area, public transport etc.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,138 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: polwarth terrace.

<<< Alanrow's suggestion of the Orwell Lodge won't do you much good - it's been demolished quite recently >>>

Space for a tent?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: polwarth terrace.

thanks for all your replies. we will check out suggestions and let you all know our decision. I think we would prefer a hotel.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,138 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: polwarth terrace.

Why do you want to stay near Polwarth Terrace?

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,837 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: polwarth terrace.

I nearly asked the same question as Alanrow.

If you would prefer a hotel, but still need to access Polwarth Terrace, just choose a hotel on or near the route of bus numbers 10 or 27, both of which go right along Polwarth Terrace. Difficult to make recommendations without knowing your budget or the sort of hotel you would prefer, but some suggestions:

Large, full service hotels with leisure/spa facilities: The Caledonian, The Sheraton

Boutique hotel: Hotel Du Vin, Bristo Place

Low to Mid range chain: Novotel, Lauriston Place

Budget chain: Premier Inn, Lauriston Place (Listed as Premier Inn Edinburgh Central)

Edited: 06 July 2010, 15:33
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: polwarth terrace.

have friends living there and want to suprise them. caledonian or sheraton sound ok. thanks