We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loch Lomand & Stirling day trip

Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Loch Lomand & Stirling day trip

We will be staying in Edinburgh in Sept. and would like to see

Loch Lomand and Stirling. We don't want to rent a car. The tours all look interesting but we would like to spend more time in Stirling

than any of the tours allow. Are there any trains or buses from Edinburgh that we could take and see both in one day?

Little Fish Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
James Christie Photography - Edinburgh Photography Tours Limited
City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Local Eyes Tours
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Escocia Turismo
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loch Lomand & Stirling day trip

It is very easy to get to Stirling by train from Edinburgh and does not take long.

Www.Thetrainline.com gives a timetable - use Waverley or Haymarket station in Edinburgh depending on where you are

If you wanted to link to loch lomond you could get a train from Stirling to Glasgow and then up to Loch Lomondside - but it would be a lot of changes in 1 day. I might look at a tour for loch loomed for convenience and the train for Stirling

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loch Lomand & Stirling day trip

I know Rabbies does a day trip via Stirling to Inversnaid, which is a particularly scenic route. There are several other companies doing Stirling and Loch Lomond, but I suspect they mostly go to the south of the Loch:

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loch Lomand & Stirling day trip

Sorry, I didn't read your post closely. You could choose a tour that goes to Stirling as the last stop and tell the driver you'll make your own way back by train or bus.

4. Re: Loch Lomand & Stirling day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 06:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor