We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay, park & fly hotels near Edinburgh Airport

Sutherland, Scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Stay, park & fly hotels near Edinburgh Airport

I'm considering doing a "stay, park and fly" deal at a hotel near Edinburgh Airport. Options include Quality Hotel, Hilton Hotel, Edinburgh Capital Hotel.

I also notice that HolidayExtras.com offer very good park stay & ride rates at what they call an "Undercover Hotel", where they apparently don't tell you which hotel they've booked you into.

I'd be interested in any thoughts, recommendations, experiences of stay park & fly at any Edinburgh hotels.

I'd be especially interested if anyone has experience of using a HolidayExtras undercover hotel.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay, park & fly hotels near Edinburgh Airport

The Quality hotel and Hilton hotel are within a short mini bus shuttle ride of the airport terminal and are only a matter of a few hundred metres from the terminal. The Edinburgh Capital is about 3 miles away- not sure if they run a shuttle bus?

Scotland
Level Contributor
354 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay, park & fly hotels near Edinburgh Airport

Have used both the Hilton and the Quality hotel, no problems with either. Hilton is the better hotel but prices reflect that.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay, park & fly hotels near Edinburgh Airport

You used to be able to work out the identity of the undercover hotel by comparing its description with those of other hotels on the holiday extras site - the wording was identical.

They seemed to have wised on to that by reducing the amount of detail they give on the undercover description, but I'd still be pretty confident that the undercover hotel is the Quality Hotel. The minimal description they give exactly matches. Added to which it's the only 3 star one on offer.

I've stayed in an undercover hotel several times at Heathrow - entirely satisfactory, and in each case precisely the hotel I'd 'guessed' it was.

Edited: 05 November 2010, 13:26
Sutherland, Scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay, park & fly hotels near Edinburgh Airport

Thanks everyone. Your comments have been most helpful. Looks like we'll probably save money and try the Quality / undercover hotel. I notice the reviews are pretty reasonable.

Querty32, I notice that you've also stayed at the Normandy near Glasgow Airport. I did so myself back in 2003 on a "stay, park and fly" deal. I suppose it wasn't too bad, but it was an experience that I am in no hurry to repeat!

Scotland
Level Contributor
354 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay, park & fly hotels near Edinburgh Airport

Too true silver - I stayed last night at the Glynhill Hotel in Glasgow who do a stay park and fly and may use them for a trip coming up later this year. Not sure if the cars are kept on site or removed but they have a large car park. Reading a report on TA someone got their car scratched there but I suppose it could happen anywhere these days.

scotland
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay, park & fly hotels near Edinburgh Airport

This reply maybe too late for silver, but i too was looking to book an airport hotel, we went for the the Travelodge Airport, i know its about 3miles away but room rate was only £22.00 and we drive to the Park & Fly to leave the car anyway, worked out cheaper for us but i guess it depends on how long your stay is, because Park & Fly rate will vary. Hope this is of help to someone.

Sutherland, Scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay, park & fly hotels near Edinburgh Airport

Thanks for that. I've done the calculations, and it looks like using HolidayExtras' "undercover hotel" (which is, of course, the Quality Hotel), works out cheaper for us.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
19,966 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stay, park & fly hotels near Edinburgh Airport

We stayed at the Dakota which also offers free transfers to and from the airport.

9. Re: Stay, park & fly hotels near Edinburgh Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2011, 05:17