We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh accomodation

Aussietravellers
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Edinburgh accomodation

I will be in Edinburgh late April, early May [2011] and wondered if some one can suggest a hotel for 7 nights with reasonable rates, clean and safe .I will be travelling by myself and intend to book tours [any suggestions?] I would prefer close to main rail station as I will be travelling by train .

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Personal Tours of Scotland
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Gray Line Scotland
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Timberbush Tours Edinburgh - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh accomodation

How much is "reasonable rates" for you, and are there particular facilities you want/need?

For a week, would you consider a self-catering flat?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,027 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh accomodation

Have you checked the link to "Edinburgh Hotels" on the left side of this page?

That will give you an idea on what "reasonable" means to you & hence to us

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Aussietravellers
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh accomodation

By reasonable, I would say about 80-120 GBPounds. I dont know what Edinburgh is like as far as cost. If it was within walking distance of the city centre or close to a bus or some form of public transport.

I have checked the link and saw a few that were good prices or as I put it 'reasonable rates'

Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh accomodation

I'd suggest an apartment which would be within your budget; there are many in the Old Town, near Waverley Station and these will also be convenient for day trips - most of which leave from the Royal Mile.

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh Old Town
Edinburgh Old Town
12,435 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
The Royal Mile Tavern
The Royal Mile Tavern
1,051 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edinburgh accomodation

we have used Jurys Inn - its not fancy but it is a short walk from the railway station - if that is important

6. Re: Edinburgh accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 22:05
Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edinburgh accomodation

I also found Jury's Inn very convenient for one of our stays in Edinburgh.

I just had a look at their site and they have rooms available for late April/early May for £70 per night

www.jurysinns.com

The hotel is a short walk to the Royal Mile and also very convenient for Waverley station.

Edited: 02 January 2011, 21:43
Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
The Royal Mile Tavern
The Royal Mile Tavern
1,051 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,099 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Edinburgh accomodation

Surely, gordon (#4) if the OP wanted an apartment they would have asked for help with one? Naughty!

ozzietraveller - try the Ibis, Hunter Square, middle of the Royal Mile. Minutes from main sights and station.

Mentioned in this post
The Royal Mile Tavern
The Royal Mile Tavern
1,051 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Edinburgh accomodation

peterscot - it has already been suggested by Greenwich Nick. Many guests from Australia will not know that Edinburgh has many self-catering apartments in the city centre.

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Aussietravellers
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Edinburgh accomodation

Thank you all, I read up on the reviews on a few suggested and have booked into The Jurys Inn.

I did not know , as you said Peter, that Edinburgh has self -catering apartments, we call them serviced apartments. Next time I am in Edinburgh I may look into them for my stay..

I look forward to seeing Edinburgh in April/May, short visit this time and intend to return to see more of your lovely country.

This is a chilhood dream come true !

Once again thanks

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Jurys Inn Edinburgh
4,456 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK