We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check the food safety rating of your chosen restaurant

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Check the food safety rating of your chosen restaurant

Website run by the council to identify those offenders in food hygiene, some surprising big name places listed as "improvement required"!

ratings.food.gov.uk/QuickSearch.aspx…

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Check the food safety rating of your chosen restaurant

V. Interesting - thanks for sharing this - although I am a bit disappointed that a quick look shows at least one favourite Glasgow West End eatery needs to improve - oh dear!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Check the food safety rating of your chosen restaurant

ooh thanks 3nations, i think. it confirmed that a place where i recently had an awful meal should have been avoided, and there are a few surprises in ayr. must check out the glasgow situation too as I'm off for brunch there at the weekend.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Check the food safety rating of your chosen restaurant

Thank you for this - I did wonder where you could get this information. Pity though that we don't have the 1-5 rating they have elsewhere in the UK.

High Spen, UK
Level Contributor
322 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check the food safety rating of your chosen restaurant

www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk also gives this information, don't let it put you off, my favourite restaurants have 0 and 1 stars and I don't know anyone who has ever got ill from eating in them!

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Check the food safety rating of your chosen restaurant

Hi Chris,

scoresonthedoors doesn't cover Scotland

6. Re: Check the food safety rating of your chosen restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 14:16