We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas

Can anyone tell me of any good tapas places in the centre of edinburgh please?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,999 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapas

If you want tapas go to Spain.there are a couple of Tapas bars in Edinburgh but I have never been too impressed by them (just my opinion)

Tapas Ole in Eyre Place is not too bad but is more of a resturant,there is a place in West Port just near the Grass market,ithink it is calles El Borrito or something like that,it is more of a bar and is very good as a dancing place,but I found the food there truely awful.there maybe a couple of other places,I think there is one in Morrison Street,but I can only give an opinion of the one's I have tried.maybe someone else can be more positive.the pub scene in Edinburgh is always changing and I am getting on a bit,so don't keep as up to date as the younger set.

good luck in your search.

Sorry but I have to ask,you are from Wales why do you want a Tapas bar in Edinburgh?

that would be like me visiting Cardiff and wanting a Portugues eaterie!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapas

Hi there - Tapas Ole would be my recommendtion, in Eyre Place not too far from the centre. Food is good and reasonably priced. They are excellent at catering for big groups too and often have guitarist playing which can get pretty raucous at times! There is also Tapas Tree just off Broughton Street which is even more central and also La Tasca which again is very central off Charlotte Square. Have not tried either of these although I know that La Tasca is a chain so if you have been to one of these before then you will know the score.

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapas

Tapas Tree near the Playhouse is fabulous, we ate there a couple of xmas's ago, tasty and good value.