We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant for special occasion

preston
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant for special occasion

Hi i am looking for recommendations for a fun restaurant with great food to celebrate a 50th birthday in a couple of weeks. There will be 8 of us in total. The only thing that narrows it down is that one of the group is not a fan of spicy food but everything else is fine. We are staying at Best Western Edinburgh City on lauriston Place. Also if anyone has any suggestions for something we can do as a party during the day time as well it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

preston
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: restaurant for special occasion

Hi Francophile

Just returned from Edinburgh and had a great time. Regarding Vittorias - i cannot recommend this place highly enough It is an ideal place for a 50th. The food was great and quite reasonably priced. But what i thought made this place stand out was the service we received. This is an extremely busy restaurant which was fully booked and nothing was too much trouble. It is the kind of place that greats you like regulars or long lost friends. Our table was booked for 8.30pm we arrived a little early, but the last party were still at the table. The owner apologized and stated they were waiting for a taxi. We sat down at our table approx 10 mins late, the owner apologized again and said our first round of drinks were on him. Ths was a nice suprise i have waited longer for tables without apologies. The waiter Enzo was great attentive but without being in your face and had a great sese of humour. At the end of the evening we wanted to have a look at the wine bar underneath Vittorias which is part of the same company. This place also serves food. We went downstairs and it was busy we said it was ok we were only going to have a drink and as it was full we would go elsewhere. Again they said no problem and found us a table in 2 mins. This place also has a great wine list with prices to fit anyones pockets. The next time i return to Edinburgh this place will be top of my list to visit again.

Regards

Michelle

Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: restaurant for special occasion

La Favorita is also very good. I think the same guy owns both.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: restaurant for special occasion

Thanks for coming back to me on Vittorias. will definitely book it for one of the nights we're there. Where else did you eat?

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: restaurant for special occasion

Re Restaurant for children.

I would take two of my Grandchildren (8 and 14) to Wedgewood as they are the sort who really like wonderful food and they care and show interest in what they eat.

I would not take the other 3 (17, 10, and 6) because they are picky, fussy, cannot sit still and prefer Pot Noodles! I love them all but it depends on the children!

15. Re: restaurant for special occasion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 11:19