We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

www.youngflats.co.uk

taunton
1 post
Save Topic
www.youngflats.co.uk

My son and his friends saved all year to come to the Fringe Festival. They found the above site and paid £520 debit card to a Paul Young. He has absconded with the kids' money and ruined their holiday. His site is listed on Trip Advisor and we are flying to Edinburgh to the police next week. He is ignoring our emails and his mobile phone. He is also advertising flats in Cumberland St Argyle St and Springwell Place. I wonder how many poor kids have been fleeced like this? Can you please help?His email address is youngscotland@gmail.com

Thanks

Jo southcombe(Mrs)

1. Re: www.youngflats.co.uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 August 2011, 11:37
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: www.youngflats.co.uk

Sure this thread will get pulled.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: www.youngflats.co.uk

Hi, I am sorry your son (and his friends) have had this happen to them. This thread will getted pulled. And I think it best that if you are approaching the police, you are not seen to be involved in public defamation, however tempting it may be.

Good luck getting the situation resolved.

Abs :)

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: www.youngflats.co.uk

As your son paid by debit card you should read the article below from the Consumer's Association.

which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/yo…

Edited: 04 August 2011, 21:35
London
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: www.youngflats.co.uk

My mother has just had an identical experience. Do you have any more information? What did the police say?

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
310 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: www.youngflats.co.uk

Thats it, hotel for me no way I am paying up front for an apartment.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,523 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: www.youngflats.co.uk

This was reported in the Scotsman & Edinburgh Evening News - contact Lothian Borders Police.

If you used a VISA debit card then contact your card issuer as unlike Mastercard you can do a chargeback and get your money back.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: www.youngflats.co.uk

My girlfriend and I also booked a flat through this website. Paul Young contacted us to say that he could not honour our booking and that he would refund our money. To date he has not returned our money (£280) and has ignored our constant attempts to contact him. We have also contacted the police.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: www.youngflats.co.uk

Dear Mrs Southcombe,

Very sorry to hear about this. We are obviously in a similar situation and would be very interested to hear how your meeting with the police goes. We are also in contact with the police and will post any outcomes.

Kind regards,

Leon

Bristol, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: www.youngflats.co.uk

I too have been a victim of this scam. I have contacted the police in my hometown and in Edinburgh, my bank, Trading Standards Agency in Edinburgh and Action Fraud. I am awaiting the outcomes of all of these calls. I can't believe I fell for it - it seemed so well set up. If I have any success with any of my lines of enquiry I will let you know.