We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finding accommodation

Calgary, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
finding accommodation

Years ago when I traveled through Europe and England I found the easiest way to find a place to stay was to book with the Tourist Service located at the train stations. Are these still there and do they still provide that same service?

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
England
England
United Kingdom
Personal Tours of Scotland
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Gray Line Scotland
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Timberbush Tours Edinburgh - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
edinburgh
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finding accommodation

There are still tourist info, although you are prob best researching online around your budget first and then book that way. The tourist info points won't be able to offer as many places as your research can. This could save you money in the long run.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: finding accommodation

I agree with the above poster. I loved the book a bed ahead service that the TI's offer and used it a lot when traveling. But, with the Internet, you can find your own and not have to pay the fee to the service. If you get stuck, of course, they are a wonderful fall back and will work to find you a place. Pam

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,697 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: finding accommodation

Diane, you do not specify your destination, It may help

Edinburgh is in Scotland ,not England!

I would suggest you take the advice from Pam. and find somewhere to stay before you arrive

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
England
England
United Kingdom
kennewick
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: finding accommodation

what is the best area of Edinburgh to stay?

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: finding accommodation

There are lots of good areas to stay in Edinburgh. Some people really want to stay on The Royal Mile. Personally, I prefer to stay a bit further away. I used to stay near the Royal Botanic Gardens, but there are lots of other places. What type of location are you looking for?

Pam

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
The Royal Mile Tavern
The Royal Mile Tavern
1,051 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
6. Re: finding accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 17:16