We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation near Edinburgh Rail

singapore
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation near Edinburgh Rail

Hi i'm travelling with 3 friends (total 4 girls) we are looking for budget (prefererable less than 100GBP per room) accommodation near Edinburgh Rail.

Any recommendations for clean and budget places?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation near Edinburgh Rail

Hi my hubby and I just stayed at St Chritophers/Belushis - which is just across the road from Waverly Train station - not too sure about the price for a 4 bed room but It wasnt too expensive I dont think - had good menu/bar and nice clean rooms!!

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation near Edinburgh Rail

Hi For basic clean rooms Travelodge should suit you well. There are 3 near the station - Central Waterloo (right by the station), Central Rose Street and Central (both a very short walk away). If you use their 'saver rate' rooms there seem to start at £29.00 pn - they take a Max of 3 adults so you will need two rooms, but still works out cheap. The earlier you book the cheaper the rooms. I wouldn't recommend the breakfasts - there are plenty of places around where you can get better.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk

This all assumes your visit is after August as this is festival month and prices shoot right up and get booked well in advance.

Edited: 08 August 2011, 09:31
singapore
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation near Edinburgh Rail

Hi thanks Jo_Jords and St39,,

Will be looking at those places you recommend.

I'm visiting Edinburgh on 29 September 2011 and 30 September 2011 and some of the places seem full for 30 September

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation near Edinburgh Rail

The Point Hotel, which is about half a mile from Haymarket Railway station, has two rooms on your dates for less than £100 per room per night

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,541 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation near Edinburgh Rail

30th = Friday night, Edinburgh gets lots of weekend visitors.

But all of the city centre Travelodges have space for the 29th & 30th ranging in price from £29 per night to £49.50 per night. If you are willing to go for a 10 minute bus ride (£1.30 per person, £3.20 for a day ticket) you can get rooms for £19 per night at the TL Learmouth by Cameron Toll.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation near Edinburgh Rail

An afterthought on Travelodges - they don't usually do twin bedded rooms, only double and family. So if you would prefer not to share a double bed, then book family rooms stating there will be 3 people in each room. This will mean that the sofa bed is then made up. No additional cost. Looks like this option may only be available for your dates at the Central TL.

singapore
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation near Edinburgh Rail

thanks guys for your replies and suggestions.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation near Edinburgh Rail

Also on Travelodges, some of the city centre ones (that have been converted from older hotels) have single rooms for less - I know the Shandwick Pl and Rose St locations have single rooms. That way you could book one family room and one single - not so sociable for the member of your party in the single room - but cheaper :)

9. Re: Accommodation near Edinburgh Rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 19:15