We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to come mid sep with a 15 month baby!

Singapore
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Planning to come mid sep with a 15 month baby!

Hi,

I am planning a trip to scotland in mid sep with my family. I have few questions and I would really appreciate if any expert can help me out here.

1) Is it a good time to visit lake district?would it be very crowded?

2) Any good place to stay with a kid?little more spacious.

3) I would be going to lake district after edinburgh. So any recomended tours from edinburgh that could b lil different from lake district?

4) Planning a 3-4 day in scotland. Any where else I can go other than edinburgh - like a day trip or something?

thanks a lot!

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning to come mid sep with a 15 month baby!

September is usually a good time to visit both Edinburgh the crowds have gone and you can leisurely stroll about the city taking in the scenery, similarly with the Lake District is is less crowded and the trees etc are taking on the Autumn colours.

With regard to places to stay I would think that an apartment would be more spacious than a hotel . B & B. Have a look at the likes of the Speciality Lodgings and Vacation Rentals sections for apartment possibilities.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g186525-c3-Edinburg…

There are quite a few tours which leave Edinburgh daily and as you are interested in scenery have a look at the likes of the Queens View in Perthshire & Pitlochry, others to suggest would be St Andrews and Fife, Stirling ans Loch Lomond. Most of the tours leave from the Castle/ Royal Mile so it may be better to look for an apartment in the Castle / Royal Mile as that would mean less travelling about with a 15 month old baby.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g186525-c3-Edinburg…

There are numerous places to go for day trips and as you are also interested in scenery then have a look at the likes of the day tours which take in the Queens View in Perthshire along with Pitlochry. Other suggestions would include St Andrews, Stirling & Loch Lomond, Most of the tours leave from and return to the Castle / Royal Mile area so In view of that think about an apartment in an around these areas as it will make things easier especially with a 15 month old baby.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning to come mid sep with a 15 month baby!

I agree with the apartment idea. I've stayed twice at Knight's Residence and they have been exemplary both times.

3. Re: Planning to come mid sep with a 15 month baby!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 16:18