We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Edinburgh Airport to 16 Tron Square

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Edinburgh Airport to 16 Tron Square

A friend and I are going to Scotland for the first time in late September, and will need to get from the airport to an apartment. How expensive would a cab ride be? Or would a bus be better, and how do I find out what bus(s)? Is there a shuttle?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Edinburgh Airport to 16 Tron Square

Taxi should cost around £20 from the airport to Tron Square taking around 20 mins.

A cheaper option is the airlink bus at £3.50 one way per adult which takes you to Waverley Bridge. From there it is about 10 mins walk up Cockburn Street and down the Royal Mile a little.(bus takes about 25 mins to Waverley)

For your particular destination you could also catch the no.35 bus from the airport as it goes down the Royal Mile. Cost for this is £1.30 per adult one way (correct money needed). The main draweback of this is that it goes a roundabout route and takes about 1hr.

Edited: 17 August 2011, 19:20
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Edinburgh Airport to 16 Tron Square

Well, your question was which is the best way. The number 35 bus will take you right there and only costs £1.30. It's the slowest option but it will let you have a good look at Edinburgh on the way in.

14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Edinburgh Airport to 16 Tron Square

Guessing you are renting an apartment there. My advice is to ask the owner for advice. Make sure that you get the "real " Tron Square and not Hunter's Square, - another square on the Royal Mile/High Street where you will find the Tron Kirk. The real Tron Square is actually 2 squares linked by steps, close by. No 16 is in the upper square, (nearest to the Royal Mile). Hunter's Square is often mistaken for Tron Square, even by taxi drivers - who should know better!

Edinburgh, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Edinburgh Airport to 16 Tron Square

The answer at no2 is wrong!! Number 3 is very accurate, take their advice.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Edinburgh Airport to 16 Tron Square

Not sure why my answer is wrong. I know that the Tron is in Hunters Square and that Tron Square is a different place.

Tron Square is just off the High Street and, unless I'm mistaken the 35 bus stops in the High Street. Can you clarify why you think the 35 is not a good option Sminky? If I've got this wrong, I'd like to know why so that I don;t make the same mistake again.

6. Re: Best way to get from Edinburgh Airport to 16 Tron Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 August 2011, 18:05
Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,690 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get from Edinburgh Airport to 16 Tron Square

Hi Photogold,

from your previous posts I'm guessing you're a taxi driver. Do you work for the company you recommended?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get from Edinburgh Airport to 16 Tron Square

Good spot Goodwitch - third post from Photogold recommending this company. Looks like promotion to me, which of course TripAdvisor does not permit.

9. Re: Best way to get from Edinburgh Airport to 16 Tron Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 12:16