We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hearts v rangers weekend

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
connaught
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
hearts v rangers weekend

my girlfriend and i are coming to edinburgh next month, we are both from the rep of ireland and i've just discovered it's hearts v rangers in the spl that weekend. will there be trouble to be concerned about or am i being worried about nothing?? thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,776 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hearts v rangers weekend

you are worried about nothing

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,097 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hearts v rangers weekend

You barely notice it when Hearts play Hibs - by comparison Hearts v Rangers will be a non-event.

connaught
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hearts v rangers weekend

thanks folks

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,199 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hearts v rangers weekend

Hurler, I see by your posts you like pubs and beer!

Just on the day of the game avoid bars near and around the ground

Also Haymarket/Roseburn area

However ,it is a Sunday fixture, 12 30pm kick off

Thats the time our pubs open on a Sunday!

The attendance would be around the 15.000 mark if that ,as it is televised

If you are going for a drink that day, I suggest the old town /southside area Some of the Southside pubs are frequented by Hibs and Celtic supporters

So you should be in good company !

Enjoy your stay

Mick the Hibby

Edited: 06 September 2011, 21:02
connaught
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hearts v rangers weekend

cheers mick the hibby, i do indeed intend to spend the sunday boozin! any pub suggestions in the old town/southside?

Dublin
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hearts v rangers weekend

As Mick said- stay clear of the Gorgie/Haymarket area and don't go around flying Irish flags near the ground. Other than that, you won't even notice the game is on, apart from maybe some pubs showing the game in the city centre.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,771 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hearts v rangers weekend

The Pear Tree on West Nicolson St has a nice outdoor area if the weather is nice. The Three Sisters on Cowgate is nice indoors and they also have a nice outdoor area. Of you are looking for a slightly smarter "bar" type experience, 56 North on Chapel St is nice for a cocktail or beer.

Abs :)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,199 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hearts v rangers weekend

Hurler

If you put us wise on where you may be staying during your visit. i will suggest some boozers!

Abs mentioned the Pear Tree,not far from there on the same drag is a good Guinness pub. "The Grapes" £2.50 a pint, for the black stuff .£2.00 for lager

Although not on any tourist map,you will be welcome there

Good juke box and sat TV for the sports

If you choose to watch the match in there,(if its on!. the manager is a Celtic man ) it will be mostly Hibs and Celtic fans ;-)

Good Craic pub too

Mick

Edited: 07 September 2011, 20:22
connaught
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hearts v rangers weekend

staying in the macdonald rux on prince's street any suggestions for a good breakfast spot nearby???

10. Re: hearts v rangers weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 00:17