We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from airport to bus station

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
taxi from airport to bus station

arrive back late on a monday night and have to get to the bus station at St Andrews Square to get the bus back to Glasgow

just wondering how much a taxi should cost from the airport to St Andrews Square roughly?

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from airport to bus station

You might be quicker & very much cheaper to get a taxi just up the road to Gogar in front of RBS complex & catch your Glasgow bus from there

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,604 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from airport to bus station

Or the 757 to Ratho Bridge and pick up the Glasgow bus there. You could even take the airport bus towards Edinburgh, get off at Maybury, Drumbrae or Edinburgh Zoo and cross the road to pick up the Glasgow bus - you could go as far as Haymarket and get the train to Glasgow

Seems pointless to go all the way into Edinburgh just to come out again by exactly the same route

Edited: 30 October 2011, 20:46
Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from airport to bus station

how much would a taxi be to the RBS complex? is it easy to stop and get on the bus here

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from airport to bus station

It is less than half a mile, so probably min fare.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from airport to bus station

The RBS complex is barely off the airport, even allowing for the need to go over the bridge. You barely get anywhere in a cab for a fiver, but I doubt that it would be a lot more than that, and surely couldn't be more than a tenner.

But do give the driver a big tip - she could have waited an hour or more for a fare, and will have to go to the back of the queue for the next one.

By the way, a cab all the way to St Andrew Square usually costs a little over £20.

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from airport to bus station

i was going to say, i dont imagine the driver would be too happy with us only going such a short distance

i think our flight gets in around 21.30 on the monday night,, (barring any delay),, is there still an airport bus that could take us to a station where we could get the Glasgow bus running at that time of night?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from airport to bus station

Its a bit more than 1/2 a mile, I calculate 3.2km to RBS, but still a short fare. The Airlink 100 bus runs at least every 10 minutes until after midnight.

I think Alanrow is correct, get the Airlink 100, £3.50 single, get off at Maybury, walk across the road and get the Glasgow bus there. Don't go all the way into Edinburgh to retrace your journey.

If I am reading the CityLink 900 timetable correctly there is a bus at the Maybury at 2222 2252 2322 2352 0021. Going into the city centre adds an extra hour onto your journey. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi from airport to bus station

Alternatively, as discussed in previous similar threads, you could get a 747 bus (destination Dunfermline) or a cab to the Ratho Station bus stop on the main Glasgow Road. In the late evening, the 747 runs every 30 minutes, on the hour and half-hour, until midnight. This avoids crossing the Glasgow road. Timetable at

travelinescotland.com/pdfs/…FIAO747.pdf

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi from airport to bus station

I would take the 747 service to pick up the the 900 Citylink bus at Ratho Station (no need to cross the road as it's the same bus stop). You can probably get a really cheap single fare on-line (or book several in case flight is late since, it'll still likely cost less than an on-board standard single) at the citylink website.

Here's a link to the previous thread:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186534-i211-k46…

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi from airport to bus station

Apart from changing at Maybury, Traveline suggests using the Lothian Buses 35 to RBS Gogar to connect to the Citylink 900 which gives a fairly regular half-hourly sevrice from the airport taking just over an hour to Glasgow in total.

travelinescotland.com