We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time of buses

Liverpool
3 posts
Save Topic
time of buses

Hi I am planning to arrive edinburgh airport n flight arrival time is 10pm..wot is best option to go to Glasgow at that time..does airport shuttle operates at that time to take me to station where i can get bus for glasgow buchanan?

thanks

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time of buses

The Edinburgh-Glasgow bus does not call in at the station, so you have to use two buses and change.

Changing is possible at any of several places, but the most frequently offered solution is to take the 100 airport shuttle to the Royal Scot/Maybury junction. This involves crossing the main Glasgow road, which is pretty busy even late at night, and although there is a Pelican crossing can be a struggle with heavy bags.

Alternatively, get the 747 to Dunfermline, and get off at Ratho Station, which is the same stop as used by the 900 Edinburgh-Glasgow bus.

All these bus services run until well past midnight.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: time of buses

Get a taxi or airport bus to the Marriott Hotel at the Maybury junction. This is about a 5 minute trip from the terminal at that time of day. Right outside the hotel is the bus stop where the Citylink bus to Glasgow stops. If your flight is on time etc you stand a good chance of being able to catch a Glasgow bus around 11pm. Google" Citylink bus edinburgh-glasgow" to check exact timetable.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: time of buses

"The Edinburgh-Glasgow bus does not call in at the station, ..."

My brain must have been freewheeling. Of course, I meant "... at the airport ...".

And as FD says, getting a taxi to one of the places that the 900 stops is a further alternative and probably a good one if it looks like you will otherwise have a long wait.

4. Re: time of buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2012, 10:19