We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Retiring as a DE

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,766 posts
Save Topic
Retiring as a DE

after many years as first a Local Expert and then a Destination Expert I have decided to retire from the honour . I still intend to be around but want to devote more of my online time to other projects on other TA forums and other travel forums i am involved with. I have enjoyed my time as a DE for Edinburgh and have really enjoyed meeting up with various visitors and local TA DE's and members several of whom have become very good friends.I still hope to keep meeting up with folk it is one of the most enjoyable experience of being on Trip Advisor.

so I say goodbye a Destination Expert for Edinburgh and hello to my new life taking a back seat.I leave you all in the hands of the many other wonderful DE's we have on the Edinburgh Forum and i know they will do a great job.

Unclegus.

Edited: 02 February 2012, 17:20
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,733 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Retiring as a DE

You'll be missed, unclegus!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Retiring as a DE

Good to see you on here again 'Gus!

Glad to hear you'll still be contributing, and hope you enjoy the back seat experience.

TA meet up soon, I say.

Abs

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Retiring as a DE

Noticed that you were missing from the lists of Edinburgh DEs, and wondered whether it was polite to ask why. Pleased to hear that the absence simply represents interests new.

We should get together in the Guildford soon so that we can buy you a dram or two and hear what has charmed you away from us.

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,599 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Retiring as a DE

Take care Unclegus :)

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Retiring as a DE

Hi Alan,

Good to hear you will still be contributing!

Thanks for your help and gracious hospitality on our visit! Thanks for the intro to the Bow Bar, if not so much the Clynelish!

Been studying many a dram since our trip. FInally have cycled back to the BalvenieDW.

Best regards,

Kevin

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Retiring as a DE

Been good having you around all these years. Hope you enjoy your retirement and new challenges. X

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,766 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Retiring as a DE

I will lokk out for any meet up.

BTW Steve at the Guildford is happy to rope off the back area any time apart from Saturday nights,

Kevin it was a real joy introducing you to the Bow bar all i can say is I am glad I was not working the next day.

Edited: 02 February 2012, 17:44
Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Retiring as a DE

Hey Gus, you embodied the spirit of Edinburgh TA , and set many of us disciples on the right path!!! See you soon

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Retiring as a DE

Good luck Unclegus - there's many a whisky drinker will miss your frontline expertise but enjoy your "retirement" anyway...

Woody x

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Retiring as a DE

I'll catch you in the Abbotsford later this month and we can toast you're new found free time!!