We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in June

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
726 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in June

Ive been reading the Edinburgh forum for a few months now and have been taking note of the great advice listed. However as our holiday approaches in less than 8 weeks I thought it would be prudent to start to make a few 'finer details'. Forgive me if I missed any posts relating to my requests :)

The Stand Comedy Club - anyone been? Also can you book your table in advance? I can't to find an email address to ask them and they never answer the phone when I ring

Mercat Tours - my wife is a believer in ghosts lol. They have quite a few tours, does anyone have a favourite? Or an alternative to Mercat?

Any other recommendations for evening entertainment would be greatly received (we're stopping 2nd to 5th June)

Also we have booked Richmond Place apartments - is it a walk able distance to City Centre?

Thanks in advance

Edited: 09 April 2012, 10:04
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in June

I'd rate the Richmond Place apartments a good choice - it's a quiet spot in the south central area within walking distance of everywhere that is likely to interest a visitor (except perhaps the Britannia - take number 35 bus from South Bridge). The area is mixed in a nice way - lots of "everyday" shops and business on the main streets, the University and student halls, a good social housing complex, as well as plenty of nineteenth-century residential buildings.

It's also very convenient for much of Edinburgh's music scene - a few steps from the Royal Oak in Infirmary Street, and the same short distance to the Jazz Bar. A little further to Sandy Bell's or (different direction) the Queen's Hall. Do take advantage of that proximity!

England
Level Contributor
726 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in June

Thanks John I'm checking them out now!

North Berwick...
Destination Expert
for East Lothian
Level Contributor
726 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in June

Alas, you will miss Faith's Wednesday Mercat Tour. She is an excellent guide with a great sense of humour. In any case, Mercat has good guides. So pick any of theirs.

England
Level Contributor
726 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days in June

Apparently mercat do a gold experience??

Virginia
Level Contributor
47 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days in June

We've done a couple of the Mercat history tours and enjoyed them both. If they're doing the same as before, they give you a discount coupon for future tours when you go on your first tour, so don't purchase all of your tickets in advance!

England
Level Contributor
726 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days in June

That's great advice... Thanks for that!

7. Re: 4 days in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2013, 10:35