We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walker Slater Tweed

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Walker Slater Tweed

I will be traveling to Edinburgh shortly, and am looking into getting a woman's tweed blazer. I like what I have seen of Walker Slater online, but am unable to find what the price point is. I was wondering if anyone has been here and knows what the price for a woman's blazer (not personally tailored, bought off the rack) would be. In addition, if anyone has any comments as to the quality or suggestions for other places I could find a tweed blazer that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Loch Ness, Highlands, Glencoe...
2,037 Reviews
from US$65.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Isle of Skye and Scottish Highlands...
507 Reviews
from US$346.40*
Highlands' Isle of Skye, Hogwarts...
170 Reviews
from US$583.00*
Special Offer
3-Day Isle of Skye and Highlands Tour...
109 Reviews
from US$288.60*
US$320.70
Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walker Slater Tweed

For such a specific enquiry, I would suggest you contact the store directly. Other high quality providers of tweeds would be http://www.stewart-christie.com/ on Queen street although not sure how much they cater for women

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walker Slater Tweed

Thanks for your reply! I will certainly look into what Stewart Christie has to offer.

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Walker Slater Tweed

Walker Slater have just opened a ladies store at 46 Victoria Street and have a good selection of tweed jackets and coats as well as offering made to measure.. price points start at £195 for a jacket and £375 for a coat.

Budapest, Budapest...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walker Slater Tweed

Dont bother calling them, they have the worst customer service you will ever find. I have been chasing them for 3 weeks for Tweed patterns for a suit I needed for a wedding and they have not even send a sample yet, its now too late for me to have the suit made.

The person I dealt with was called Scott, do not put your faith in him, he has left me very disappointed.

5. Re: Walker Slater Tweed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 15:35
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walker Slater Tweed

Really? Your first post on TripAdvisor is to resurrect a thread from last April to heap praise on a specific trader because you just happened to come across this?

Edited: 31 January 2013, 14:48
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,124 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walker Slater Tweed

Post 3. The person joined in June last year to advertise this place and guess what they live in Edinburgh. They have never been back and the person who just ressurected the thread is also a first time poster from Edinburgh.

Personally, I always ignore posts like these and prefer to have recommendations from member with lots of posts on lots of subjects. :0(

In fact, posts like these would totally put me off a business.

Edited: 31 January 2013, 15:16
8. Re: Walker Slater Tweed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 05:15