We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prestonfield Dinner Show?

Washington
Level Contributor
84 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Prestonfield Dinner Show?

Hi all,

I came across info on the Internet stating there was a Scottish dinner show at Prestonfield. Is this still running? The website was showing 2011.

Patty

Mentioned in this post
Prestonfield
Prestonfield
1,220 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prestonfield Dinner Show?

I expect it will be, but I would have thought the details for 2012 to be on the website, there is an email TASTEOFSCOTLAND@PRESTONFIELD.COM you could ask.

I would say that their claim to be "just moments from the Royal Mile" to be inaccurate.

The King James Hotel and Ghillie Dhu are other places you might like to look at for Scottish Shows.

Mentioned in this post
Royal Mile
Royal Mile
19,679 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Ghillie Dhu
Ghillie Dhu
1,093 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prestonfield Dinner Show?

I was speaking with one of the show's regular musicians a few weeks ago, and he was expecting to be working there through this summer. I agree with Alan that it isn't "moments from the Royal Mile" - except perhaps in a Tornado jet! It's a short taxi ride, maybe ten minutes depending on how many traffic lights you get stuck at. Nevertheless, one of the most distinctive locations in Edinburgh, the food is good and the show itself gets good reviews.

Mentioned in this post
Royal Mile
Royal Mile
19,679 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prestonfield Dinner Show?

As 'Scottish show's' go I found it one of the best. I also found their waiting staff and food quality far better than their neighbouring hotel and it is a really good venue. But a few moments from the Royal Mile? that's stretching it a Big Bit, it is in fact 1.7 miles.

Mentioned in this post
Royal Mile
Royal Mile
19,679 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Washington
Level Contributor
84 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prestonfield Dinner Show?

Thank You all for your replies:) I am getting excited for my trip!

5. Re: Prestonfield Dinner Show?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:18