We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hairy Coo - level of activity

Malta
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hairy Coo - level of activity

After reading good reviews on TA, I'm interested in booking The Hairy Coo - Free Scottish Highland Tours for my parents.

They are 60 year olds, and while my father is very active, mum gets tired walking long distances.

Does the tour involve a lot of walking?

Thanks in advance

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
622 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hairy Coo - level of activity

No from what I have gathered not really and nothing is mandatory :)

DFW, TEXAS
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hairy Coo - level of activity

There was very little walking on most of the sites we visited on the tour.

There were only about 3 stops on both of the tours that we took that I remember which we did a little walking also a couple of stops where we either could go up a hill or down to the waterfall but not mandatory and the guides are very accomadating.

You could also email the Hairy Coo with your concern and they are very understanding.

Malta
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hairy Coo - level of activity

true.. she can just stop and go back if she gets tired. thanks for your replies :)

DFW, TEXAS
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hairy Coo - level of activity

Just to let you know I am in my 60's and I was able to do the tour until I got sick then the walking got harder as our vacation progressed.

Malta
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hairy Coo - level of activity

thanks for your feedback.

i hope you didn't think my comment re. being 60 was general. as i pointed out my dad (who is older than mum) is active, but mum has knee problems so walking very long/difficult distances has been an issue for a couple of yrs now.

i'm sorry you got sick.. hope you managed to enjoy your holiday anyways

DFW, TEXAS
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hairy Coo - level of activity

We still enjoyed the vacation, you just got to troop on. No I was not offended.

Just thought to let you know I was in my 60's too. There was one lady on our Highland tour who apparently hurt her leg and was using some kind of crutch and she managed, I am sure you mother will too. One thing about the Hairy Coo guides is that they are not only personable but understanding.

7. Re: Hairy Coo - level of activity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:17