We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Me an ma 12 year old boy

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
763 reviews
Save Topic
Me an ma 12 year old boy

..........are heading to Edinburgh at the end of July for a a few days for a family gathering, just the two of us - I used to live there many years ago but its been 15 years so a bit rusty - what are the 'must do's' for a 12 year old - thinking Edinburgh Dungeon, Castle, climbing at Ratho, duck feeding - other ideas in Edinburgh really appreciated.

Rob

Houston, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Me an ma 12 year old boy

Seriously... I like the duck feeding... my kids would love it... please tell me where....

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,325 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Me an ma 12 year old boy

Duck feeding in Holyrood Park - various areas to choose from there.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Me an ma 12 year old boy

Blackford pond at the foot of Balckford hill,

Duddington & Dunsapie locks at Arthurs Seat are good places to fead the ducks. You should only take wholemeal bread as to much white bread is not good for them.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Me an ma 12 year old boy

dont get me wrong, my 3 love feeding ducks but they are under 5 and still easily pleased.

Stretches of the water of Leith are also good for ducks (and heron)

http://www.waterofleith.org.uk/

Edited: 04 July 2012, 10:07
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Me an ma 12 year old boy

How rude ! I never thanked you all - we ran out of time not surprisingly but really enjoyed our week that actually turned out to be 3 days in Edinburgh, we walked the water of Leith, had great fish and chips from a place in Leith Walk, the wee man went to the Dungeon and loved it and we went for a walking tour - thoroughly recommend it if you haven't done it ............and yes we did indeed feed some ducks !

Thanks all for the ideas, we'll leave more time next time round

Rob

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Me an ma 12 year old boy

Glad you enjoyed Leith: my neck of the woods. Rows of ducks sitting on the planking by the boat; one pair has hatched some ducklings for the second time this year ...

But you didn't visit Hillend. I'm shocked :-)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Me an ma 12 year old boy

Where we'll be spending every weekend this season :-))))))))))))

http://www.panoramaresort.com/the-mountain

Can't wait for winter now it feels like summer is over

Rob

18. Re: Me an ma 12 year old boy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 23:18