We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More 'to dos' for romantic time in Edinburgh this Sun/Mon?

Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
More 'to dos' for romantic time in Edinburgh this Sun/Mon?

My husband and I have booked to stay in Edinburgh this Sunday eve arriving around 3pm then leaving around 7pm on Monday. We've booked a meal at Tiger Lilly at 8.30pm on Sunday and also booked to see the pandas at Edinburgh zoo on Monday around lunchtime.

Other than going to the Dome for drinks (or maybe afternoon tea on Monday afternoon) I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what we could fit in? Not sure if we can fit in a ghost tour with our dinner reservations or if we'd get our money's worth from a bus tour??

All thoughts and suggestions welcome! We'd like to make it a romantic weekend with lots of nice food and cocktails!

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More 'to dos' for romantic time in Edinburgh this Sun/Mon?

This weekend is the peak of the Festival madness so everywhere will be incredibly busy! Great atmosphere but no good if you want some peace and quiet. You could steal away to the Botanic gardens for a bit of space and they have a lovely restaurant there for tea. rbge.org.uk/the-gardens/…garden-features http://www.gatewayrestaurant.net/

Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: More 'to dos' for romantic time in Edinburgh this Sun/Mon?

Wow festival experience would be fantastic! I thought we might of missed the bulk of it but already thinking maybe a stand up show before dinner at the Laughing Horse@Meadow Bar and then Midsumer Nights Dream at the Assembly at 4pm on the Monday afternoon before we go home??!!

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More 'to dos' for romantic time in Edinburgh this Sun/Mon?

The Fringe closes this weekend but there's plenty on. The Official festival has a week to go ...

4. Re: More 'to dos' for romantic time in Edinburgh this Sun/Mon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 05:16