We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen Weekend

Aberdeen, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hen Weekend

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone can help me....

I am going to be Bridesmaid for my friend and i have the pleasure of organising her Hen Weekend and want it to be a great weekend for her, her family and friends.

I have picked a few activites to do for through the day/Night such as Cocktail Making Classes, Buff Butler, Party Bus Tour.

But i am struggling to find the best places to go for Lunch and Dinner ( i want it to be a nice meal but not to formal as we will probably be drinking quite a lot and don't want to annoy people around us!)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and also if there are any other activites you can think of please pass them on.

Thank you in advance :-) x

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen Weekend

How many of you will there be? Age range? What part of town do you want to be in? Rough budget for meals? Have you put "hen night" into the search box above to get some previous suggestions? Once you can give us a bit more information, we can be of better assistance to you.

Aberdeen, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen Weekend

Hi there there will be about 12 of us ages ranging from 23-50, will be in central Edinburgh and budget for meals I would say about £30 a head. Any advise is appreciated thank you

Lisa x

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen Weekend

Cafe Andaluz on George St? Spanish tapas and paella, jugs of sangria in a fun and relaxed environment. Popular with groups, and if you let them know you're a hen group, they should be able to give you a specific area of the restaurant.

Or TexMex 2 - frozen margaritas all round! It's a small dining room, but I've seen large groups on their before. Give them a ring to see if they'll accommodate you.

Amicus Apple would be another good idea. Cocktail bar at night, but serves food also.

It's always a good idea to be open when booking, and explain you're a hen group.

Abs :)

bristol
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen Weekend

hey if your looking for a cocktail masterclass, we used a company called Jaminns in Glasgow they came to our city centre apartments, they were fantastic the hen even used the drinks we made at the wedding! hope this is helpful! =)

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hen Weekend

Charlotte- the poster posted in the Edinburgh forum so is unlikely to be interested in a Glasgow firm.

Also please note that self promotion is not allowed under the Tripadvisor rules so please don't post any more promotional posts under this guise.

6. Re: Hen Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 10:15