We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Yacht Britannia

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Royal Yacht Britannia

Friends of mine are coming to Edinburgh by Train in November. The 2 ladies are happy to shop but the 1 chap would like to visit the Royal yacht. I have been on the official website and the price for Seniors is £10. Does anyone know if you can still get discount vouchers anywhere? I remember when we visited I think we were handed a booklet which had a dicounted voucher in it?

Also is the taxi fare £10 each way from Waverly Station and would he easily be able to get a taxi back from there as I'm not sure the chap uses a mobile phone.

The website gives the buses as 11,22 and 35 but where would he catch them if arriving at Waverly Station?

Thanks if anyone can answer the questions for me.

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Yacht Britannia

You can use Tesco days out vouchers that have been converted from clubcard points:-

www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx…

towards the entrance admission

The 11 & 22 leave from the bus stop directly over the road from the Waverley Steps exit onto Princes Street.

lothianbuses.com/assets/files/120915_CityCen…

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Yacht Britannia

Thanks for such a speedy reply, I dont think they will have Tesco vouchers but will ask them.

If the buses go from near the station then I will try to find a google map so that he knows exactly where to take the bus from. It all saves them time as they won't have a very long day by the time the train gets up there from Yorkshire.

Thanks again

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Yacht Britannia

The number 22 is the most frequent bus in the city running every 5 minutes or so. From the station, walk up on to Princes street and cross the road - looking for the bus heading towards Ocean Terminal. This is the shopping centre through which you gain access to the Yacht. One way ticket costs £1.40 exact change. For detailed bus information use www.lothianbuses.com

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Yacht Britannia

There are *many* buses that go to ocean terminal. The 35 goes down the royal mile and also terminates at the terminal. The 16 passes within a block or so. Then there's the 36 ... etc. A £3.50 day ticket is better economy than tickets per journey, if visiting other places.

There is a hop on hop off bus tour - the Majestic - which stops at Britannia, and also stops at the Botanic Gardens and many other places in the middle of town.

Ocean Terminal has a reception desk. If determined on a taxi, you could ask there, or ask at the Britannia shop.

The HOHO bus also stops at Junction Bridge, about 50m away from TA's #1 rated Water of Leith Bistro. Don't waste money on chain food in Ocean Terminal when you have really good food so close to hand.

In other words there's a lot more to Leith than Britannia ..

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Yacht Britannia

Thanks again for all the great info. I have printed it off for my friend and hope he has a good day later this month.

bybyorkshire

6. Re: Royal Yacht Britannia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 10:19