We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arthurs Seat

Manchester
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Arthurs Seat

This weekend I'm bringing my partner to Edinburgh for our anniversary. I've been to Edinburgh loads of times but never up Arthur's Seat - I'm thinking about taking a walk up there Sunday morning, but then also have an afternoon of other things planned, and then dinner reservations Sunday night.

My question - is it hard work!? How long does it take to get up there? Is there a path (I'm thinking in case it's wet, we're not likely to have sensible walking gear with us!) - we're not particularly outdoorsy people ... if it's going to be hard work and leave us knackered, i may just find a nice bar with an open fire to stew in front of for the day! ;) If we can do it (one way) in an hour (at a slow pace!), then that would be fine!

How do we get there/get up!? We're staying at the Balmoral.

Thanks!

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Arthurs Seat

Forecast for the weekend is mostly sunny and a little cloud. There's currently a smattering of snow, too little to measure the depth. Probably a bit more tomorrow, then it might melt by or over the weekend ...

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Arthurs Seat

Thank you, Derek, for the detailed Arthur's Seat trip report.

Very helpful.

Will be following in your footsteps in just over a week's time- and probably right on down to the Himalayan Cafe as well for curios and chai.

13. Re: Arthurs Seat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 10:17