We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free restaurant in Edinburgh

Pitlochry, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Gluten free restaurant in Edinburgh

Hi there. Can anyone recommend a good gluten free restaurant near the Playhouse in Edinburgh? We are going to see Dirty Dancing next Tuesday and would like to take my daughter for a nice meal before hand, but she has coeliac, so quite difficult to find anywhere.

Thanks

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free restaurant in Edinburgh

Hi,

I can't think of any restaurant that would be gluten-free. However, most restuarants will cater for this if you tells them in advance.

What does she like to eat? What do you eat in Pitlochry?

For example, there are many good Italian restaurants in Edinburgh, but pasta is obviously out, but what about risotto? Salads? Excellent veggie restaurants....

Also, the Coeliacs Society website will have recommendations on where to eat out.

http://www.coeliac.org.uk/

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,561 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free restaurant in Edinburgh

Have a look at this post on the subject

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186525-i108-k50…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
622 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten free restaurant in Edinburgh

Hanover street. 10 mins from Playhouse. also a branch in the Royal Mile if thats easier.

bellaitalia.co.uk/menus/edinburgh-hanover-st…

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten free restaurant in Edinburgh

Henderson's is a vegetarian cafe restaurant also on Hanover Street. They have an extensive self service menu and lots of items are marked gluten free, vegan etc.

You should be able to get something suitable at Taste of Italy which is 100 yards north of the Playhouse. Much much handier. "Gluten free pasta available" and probaly enough choice of other ingredients knowing Italian cooking.

www.vittoriagroup.co.uk/#toi_restaurants_toi

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186525-…

You could email Vittoria group and mention Coeliac ?

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten free restaurant in Edinburgh

Definitely Vittorias or LA Favorita, both on Leith walk- very Coeliac friendly, best gluten free pizza in town at La Favorita and fab pizzas for all the rest of the family too.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten free restaurant in Edinburgh

Vittoria's and La Favorita are excellent and I eat at Vittoria's frequently. I mentioned Taste of Italy specifically because it's owned by the same family, shares a similar but slightly more limited menu, and is about 1 minute from the Playhouse. It's modern retro design - you won't see plaster pillars and italian momentos like you'd expect in most Italian joints - I hesitate to say Diner because that gives the wrong impression.

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Gluten free restaurant in Edinburgh

I agree, Vittorias are very good in Edinburgh for gluten free pizza. I am moving to Edinburgh from Glasgow in a months time so I am excited to suss out where is good! I write a blog on gluten free eating so hopefully soon I will have some Edinburgh restaurants to add! hattysglutenfreeboxoftreats.wordpress.com/

8. Re: Gluten free restaurant in Edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 07:19