We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't decide between the Keilidh & Concert in the Gardens!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Can't decide between the Keilidh & Concert in the Gardens!

Dear all,

We are heading to Edinburgh for NYE and can't decide between the Keilidh and the Concert in the Gardens. Does anyone have any recommendations advice?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks very much :)

Jo

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
625 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't decide between the Keilidh & Concert in the Gardens!

You have tickets for both?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,844 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't decide between the Keilidh & Concert in the Gardens!

Depends if you want to dance or listen to pop music

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't decide between the Keilidh & Concert in the Gardens!

Ceilidh: indoors, warm, noisy fiddles and bagpipes, energetic. Or you can be a wallflower at the side ... oops. There are a few Ceilidhs on, the one you have found is the outdoors one, the Keilidh ....

There are others, indoors, and the Assembly rooms on George Street and also at the Queens Hall, definitely not centre of town on S Clerk Street. They ARE indoors. Not sure about ticket availability.

Concert in the Gardens, or Keilidh: potentially cold, standing, and very different noise. Both with views of the midnight fireworks over the castle if you'fre clever about where you position yourself.

Concert in the Gardens is sold out which might help the decision making?

If I had to choose I'd pick the Keilidh, but I'm a very old git and no longer into bands with PA systems. I'll think of you when I've got my slippers and cocoa ...

4. Re: Can't decide between the Keilidh & Concert in the Gardens!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Edinburgh