We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B ideas for early June

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
B&B ideas for early June

I'm looking at travelling to Edinburgh in first week of June and am looking for suggestions for mid range accomodation. I'm late 40s and travelling solo. Looking for something with charm and friendly so I can get info about where to visit. Like galleries etc and want to do some day trips but basically base myself in Edinburgh for duration of my stay. Any ideas would help or should i just do my bookings through a travel agent?

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,771 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B ideas for early June

There are hundreds of B&Bs in Edinburgh. Why not ask your travel agent for some suggestions, and then ask us about those / look at the tripadvisor reviews.

Abs :)

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B ideas for early June

Thanks, Abs130, I think I will do that. Once I have my leave dates confirmed I'll be able to make bookings. Many are booked already.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,504 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B ideas for early June

Have you seen the hotel reviews to the top left of this page? Are you looking for a hotel or a B&B? What does mid range mean? If itr's your budget best to post what that is in GBP per night.

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B ideas for early June

I'm looking at b&bs up to about $100 (£50) per night.

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B ideas for early June

Something like Kelly's Guest House. I don't mind if it is out of the main city, I can catch a bus into town.

Saxtons River...
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B ideas for early June

I visit Edinburgh twice a year and always stay at the Highfield Guest House, which is the friendliest place you could ever hope to find. Read the reviews here. You won't be disappointed.

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B ideas for early June

Thankyou, Bookwoman, this is exactly what I am looking for.

8. Re: B&B ideas for early June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2014, 10:17