We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh park parking

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Edinburgh park parking

Anyone know if it is possible park up and use the Edinburgh Park train station out at the Gyle? Need to commute to Glasgow :-(

Is it OK to park at the Hermiston Gate shops or do I need to compete with all the office dudes in South Gyle?

11. Re: Edinburgh park parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 17:05
Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Edinburgh park parking

You can be fined in a lot of shopping car parks and they do enforce them through the civil courts. Some car parks allow 3-5 hours, some 1.1/2hrs some only 30 minutes. They photo your number plate on entry & exit. I thought like many others that they could not take you to court over this, to my cost I found I was wrong having exceeded a 90 min time limit by 15 minutes [While Shopping] and it cost me £75 + court expences total £135 so beware

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Edinburgh park parking

If it is a private car park, ie not a council run one, then you cannot be fined.

You may receive a bit of paper dressed up to look like a fine but Private Parking Companies are not able to issue fines.

There are many ways of dealing with PPC invoices.

Paying them is rarely an option if the correct advice is followed.

All of this legal advice is freely available on the web.

I am not in anyway suggesting that people abuse car parking facilities

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
10,501 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Edinburgh park parking

About the best option I can suggest from that area of town might be to use the park & ride by the airport for free and get on the Citylink coach Glasgow from there?

West Midlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Edinburgh park parking

Just in case anyone is still reading this, you can drive into the Gyle side towards the new Premier Inn (Lochside Court I think). On the right hand side before you get to the bank is a pay and display (£3), I think for the bank folk but available for anyone.You can pick up your Costa Coffee on the way to the station.

Or park in the Premier Inn and wing it!

16. Re: Edinburgh park parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 05:18