We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh, The Witchery

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Edinburgh, The Witchery

Hi

Please can anyone provide an idea of dress code for The Witchery, Sunday evening dining?

Also, is it usually busy enough to provide a good atmosphere - we don't want to be the solitary diners!

Thanks

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,156 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh, The Witchery

It is usually busy and you can wear smart casual. No need for black tie and long evening dress.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh, The Witchery

The Witchery is one of the few places I have been where I seen jeans, business suits, cocktail dresses and ball gowns - all at once. Wear whatever makes you comfortable, and enjoy!

Abs:)

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh, The Witchery

thinking of going to the Witchery for dinner, is it overrated ?? - the menu looks a little pretentious to me.... did you enjoy it, and do you reccommend it ? thanks. una.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
738 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh, The Witchery

Overpriced and overrated. Nice room though. Martin Wishart at the Shore is much nicer if you want 'fine dining'. Gardeners Cottage is good for something cheaper and closer to town.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edinburgh, The Witchery

I loved it. Not the best food I've ever had but the atmosphere makes up for it and the service was slick. I had the Pre theatre menu which was around £15 - there was very little choice and the portion sizes were TINY. I liked the look of the a la carte dishes some of the other diners were enjoying - large and well presented.

I would go back, it's an experience.

Abs :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edinburgh, The Witchery

I'm a fan of the Witchery. The food is good and the pre-/post-theatre/lunch menu is especially good value. The wine list is vast and has some fine wines (up to £thousands/bottle) at prices not much above retail. The main thing is the atmosphere and service, which are excellent.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,976 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edinburgh, The Witchery

I also really like the pre theatre dinner. It's great value and although the portions are not huge, I'm not a big eater and the amount suits me fine. I prefer the ambience of the Secret Garden to the Witchery itself but both are good

8. Re: Edinburgh, The Witchery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 07:15