We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places To Purpose In Scotland

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Places To Purpose In Scotland

Hey All,

I live in Edinburgh and am looking to make an honest woman out of my partner. After spending so much time trying to find the perfect ring i have managed to get it, now the hard part...Finding somewhere to pop the question.

I am looking for somewhere thats not wallet breaking but will be romantic. I am heading upto a wee place near Gleneagles in May and have thought about enquiring into their but i have a feeling it will be too expensive so took to here to get some ideas of great places to do it.

:D

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,280 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Places To Purpose In Scotland

I am with Derek for the bag or shoes when you propose. There is a very good shop that sells little used designer bags and shoes in Edinburgh. I have been there. I would be delighted to be able to select a bag from their large array. Buy her a bag and slip a ring inside it.

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Places To Purpose In Scotland

Thanks for all the responses guys they are all great :D

LOVE the idea with the maze that sounds like it could be alot of fun plus easy on my wallet haha going to have a wee look just now. i go pick up the ring on thursday and dont think i can wait until May :P

Edinburgh Castle is somewhere that is a good idea, my aunty got married their so would be good to go to the wee chapel.

we both love history and nature, does anybody know any nice little beauty spots in the trossachs, maybe a little hidden place or a waterfall?

thanks again guys

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,780 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Places To Purpose In Scotland

http://www.lochkatrine.com/

a cruise?

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Places To Purpose In Scotland

I am with Peter Scott and Scozzese

It need not and shouldn't cost anything

If you wait until May, you might "overproduce" the event, getting stressed and tetchy trying to set up the perfect event , that turns out not so perfect ....

I tried to do the big production and my wife , thought I was about to dump her because I was being extra nice !

Didnt give a straight answer there and then, kept me waiting weeks

Never take a girl for granted

Buying a Second hand handbag to get her in the mood?

Puuurleeeze

Bribing with shoes?

In future do you want to be reminded that she only said yes because of the Jimmie Choos?

Find somewhere special close to where you live

You don't seem like a bloke that flashes the cash, so you don't want to have to travel to Edinburgh or the Trossachs every anniversary of your proposal now do you?

Keep the ring with you and be spontaneous, heartfelt and joyful

That is what your bride to be will remember

The feeling, the honesty the romance the enthusiasm, not a stage managed

" event"

It's you she loves not a posh hotel

Btw propose close to the pub in case she says no

LOL

good Luck and have. Long and happy marriage

Edited: 18 February 2013, 21:44
15. Re: Places To Purpose In Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 05:16