We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking for a motorhome to travel with my parents and my girlfriend in september. We were looking through different website - they're many companies, but a couple of them also don't look very trustworthy. Reading the post on the experience with Edinburgh Motorhome Hire in this forum didn't really help...so I was wondering if anyone had some experience and could recommend something. At the moment, it looks like as if we will go with atlashiredrive.co.uk/motorhome-hire-scotland… , even though it's in Glasgow. Anyone ever rented with them?

Thanks a lot,

cheers,

Sebas

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

There is one in Bo'Ness beside DJ Mannings storage who have brand new vans for hire both large & small but I can't remember their name.

portugal
Level Contributor
4 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

We recently hired a campervan through Open Road Scotland and had a good service. They were easy to deal with by email and we had no problems having our deposit returned at the end of the journey. However, it was not the cheapest (you may be able to argue the price down as we did), the van was clean but not immaculate and you only have to see their offices which are a shambles to see why, but, overall I would recommend them.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

Did you find a good one? I am now searching.

Natasha

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

Did you find a good one? I am now searching.

Natasha

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

Bunkers at Bo'Ness 15 minutes from Edinburgh airport have motorhomes from 2 to 6 berth all under 3 years old.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

Have a look at Roseisle Campervan Hire. They are based in Edinburgh and team is friendly and vans are pretty new.

Newton Abbot...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

WE have recently returned from a touring holiday in Scotland with Atlas hire. The campervan broke down on the second day of our tour in a private car park. On finding that the van would not start to continue our journey to a prearranged caravan site in Oban we were informed by ATLAS that nothing could be done until the following morning. An AA recovery service informed us that the van had been poorly serviced - it was found that the alternator was loose and the battery therefore not recharging this had fractured the water pipe

We had travelled less than 100miles from Edingburgh.

ATLAS owner Richard Offord told us to make all the arrangements for recovery of the vehicle with the AA and that WE HAD TO TRAVEL BACK WITH THE RECOVERY VEHICLE TO GLASGOW where he offered us either money back and find our own replacement vehicle or to take a camper van from ATLAS but return the van one day early. Compensation was 3 days plus the loss of 1 day less for unavailability of a van

He said a loss of 4 business Hours and he had been generous in giving us back the day we had picked up the van, ( this has now proved to be faulty )

NO OFFER WAS MADE FOR A VAN TO BE BOUGHT OUT TO OUR LOCATION _ ONLY 2 HOURS FROM GLASGOW NO COMPENSATION FOR our frustration and loss of our holiday arrangements. We had to retrace our journey from Glasgow taking a further day and missing out part of our trip into the highlands

A holiday spoilt by ATLAS HIRE

I consider ATLAS HIRE to be a bad firm as far as public relations and customer satisfaction are concerned

Pam Roberts

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

Have you searched previous threads?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/SearchForums?q=motor+home+hire&scope=2&ff=107&geo=186485&returnTo=__2F__ShowForum__2D__g186485__2D__i107__2D__Scotland__2E__html

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

Try Scottish Tourer - from Perth. They have excellent reviews.

10. Re: Anyone experience with motorhome hire in Scotland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2016, 05:16