We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Edniburgh airport open 24h?

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, Scotland...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is Edniburgh airport open 24h?

Hi I travel on the 5th of March from Edinburagh, I have to arrive at the airport at around 00 00 whereas my flight is at 07 00 just wonder if the airort is still open 24h or over night. I could find some posts that it is but it was over two years ago therefore would like to clarify that.

Thanks,

Peter

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,416 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Edniburgh airport open 24h?

It is open but none of the facilities, shops, restaurants etc are open, unless something has changed recently.

The obvious thing to do is to look at their website.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,616 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Edniburgh airport open 24h?

There's not much non airside at EDI, hardly even somewhere to sit never mind spend 7 hours. Not sure if you can get airside or not but that would be better.

Aberdeen, Scotland...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Edniburgh airport open 24h?

I have been there few times already but never at night. They have some computers with access to the internet as far as I remember and a small room to pray. Whether I do that or not the room is small and warm. I am going to read a book anyway therefore 7h waiting does not bother me at all. The only worries is whether I can stay at the airport. Thanks RonaldoC :)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Edniburgh airport open 24h?

If you have to wait 7 hrs

Get a bus into town for something to eat or drink .

Airport buses to town run "24 hrs"

Edited: 23 February 2013, 22:11
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Edniburgh airport open 24h?

I slept there a few years ago, the building is open all night and there is a 24 hour Costa coffee with comfy seats to spend a few hours. There were a few other lone travellers trying to sleep there too so it isn't an intimidating prospect. There are flights coming in late towards midnight and the first travellers for morning flights arrive at 4am.

Abs :)

Aberdeen, Scotland...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Edniburgh airport open 24h?

thegoodwitch and Abs140 thanks for your posts. I checked the website but cannot find a thing. I was calling them too but no chance to get through a tape with voice recorder:) I hope they still stay open. Thanks guys!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Edniburgh airport open 24h?

As Abs says Costas is open 24 hrs and a couple of other places (Nero I think?) open from 04.00. It shouldnt be too daunting as long as you can enjoy a coffee and read your book. Sure there will be plenty of activity during your time there.

Aberdeen, Scotland...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Edniburgh airport open 24h?

Cheers Pal, I cannot wait to get there. Will post a comment next week ;)

9. Re: Is Edniburgh airport open 24h?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 06:15