We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

21st Birthday Dinner

Newcastle, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
21st Birthday Dinner

Hi,

I'm going to Edinburgh in May to celebrate my 21st birthday with my boyfriend. I want to go somewhere special, with good food and a good atmosphere. However I am limited with my budget.

Would anyone be able to suggest a nice place for dinner, with a budget of around £100 (which would include a bottle of wine).

Thank-you

Wol
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
395 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 21st Birthday Dinner

This should be perfect for you - http://www.tigerlilyedinburgh.co.uk/

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 21st Birthday Dinner

Lunch or dinner? There are very good places which are expensive in the evening, butsame quality much cheaper price at lunchtime. e.g. Angels with Bagpipes.

Yes I know you said dinner in the title. Just checking ...

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 21st Birthday Dinner

Hi!

Any particular cuisine you like?

George St is a nice place to base yourselves, and Tigerlily (as already suggested) would be a good option.

Ricks would be my suggestion. It's a vibrant bar just off George St. The food is surprisingly good and the atmosphere smart and engaging. They do a ludicrous offer of a starter and main for £10! ricksedinburgh.co.uk/offers/…

I thought it sounded too good to be true, but I've used it many times and you get their normal great food for that price. I went for my boyfriends birthday and they gave us complimentary Prosecco too!

Abs :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 21st Birthday Dinner

Check out the pre-theatre menu at The Witchery. It's very atmospheric. The normal menu is probably out of your price range, but the pre-theatre should be fine and they have a great wine list.

Scotland
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 21st Birthday Dinner

http://www.caferoyaledinburgh.co.uk is atmospheric and has great food, should be within budget, make sure you click on the restaurant as the main page is the bar.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 21st Birthday Dinner

Hi, as its such a special occassion, please give us a bit more of a feel for your likes. For example. Tiger Lilly is very young and trendy but noisey to match. the Witchery is romantic. What kind of place do you fancy? lively, classy, quiet, glamourous, great food etc etc. Even so, have a look at The Dome, including the Club room. Very spendid venue, good food, excellent cocktails. It has the best of two worlds, a nice meal venue and a great bar. Should make your budget if you choose carefully.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 21st Birthday Dinner

If you want somewhere really impressive within your budget try just outside Edinburgh, either Greywalls at Gullane Where you will find the winner of Master chief preparing your meal. or for atmosphere and good food Borthwick Castle where Mary queen of Scots took her lovers.

Wol
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
395 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 21st Birthday Dinner

Not sure Greywalls or Borthwick Castle have much of an atmosphere, ambience, yes.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 21st Birthday Dinner

For romantic, atmospheric, and very Edinburgh, I reckon you can't beat The Grain Store in Victoria Street. You could burst your budget there, but you don't have to.

10. Re: 21st Birthday Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 06:19