We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for a B&B or apartment please....

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for a B&B or apartment please....

Hi,

I'm looking for a few days in May in Edinburgh. The requirements are...

- B&B or Apartment

- Parking available during the day (don't mind if I have to pay but I don't want to be feeding meters!)

- On a bus route to the city centre

- Decent restaurants in shortish walking distance. (Health problems, so say a 10 mins walk each way.)

- Cost isn't a major issue (within reason!!)

Even any pointers to the right areas to look at would be a great help.

Thanks

Steve

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,804 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for a B&B or apartment please....

You don't say how many people its for but I am sure The Knight Residence will have space! As an alternative you could check this out - I have stayed here this year, its 2 minutes from The Royal Mile , so its also practically in the centre, and has free underground parking for one car

homeaway.com/vacation-rental/reviews/p1052515

Good luck in your search

Woody x

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for a B&B or apartment please....

There are plenty B&Bs and you can stay some distance out from the city centre, thanks to really good bus transport.

I suggest you look here http://goo.gl/maps/JB9ao or here http://goo.gl/maps/XR9fS both of which have good transport to the centre of town or to nearby restaurants. e.g. There's a good restaurant, Cassis, if you head north from Mayfield Road. There are decent cafes and restaurants on Lothian Road or nearby, which is more than you'd want to walk from Gilmore Place, but only a short bus ride. There are cheap cafes near GilmorePlace within walking distance, but they're not going to top TA's restaurant lists!

PS in the centre of Edinburgh, always check the geography: there are lots of ups and downs if you're looking for facilities near some apartments and Hotels. Thinking of health problems.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,094 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for a B&B or apartment please....

The Knights Residence is very central and has secure parking and lift from car park to apartments which are very well fitted out with every thing you would expect in your own home and they also come with a 'Breakfast Pack' but there is also a supermarket 50 yds away. Superb Staff who have fantastic knowledge of Edinburgh and lots of places to eat close by. good bus links near by as well as Hop on Hop off tour buses passing at the end of the street.

Edited: 26 April 2013, 17:45
4. Re: Advice for a B&B or apartment please....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 06:17