We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to City Centre

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to City Centre

Apologies ahead if I'm asking naive questions or haven't researched existing threads properly. My wife and I will be staying at the Boutique Hotel, 11 Brunswick St. We're arriving at Edinburgh airport with hand baggage only. We are averagely mobile. Can anyone advise the options for travel? I'm guessing a taxi will be mega bucks. I have no idea what the public transport system is like in Edinburgh. Much appreciated if anyone can give me the benefit of their experience. Many thanks.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Airport to City Centre

Just a pointer to help any future enquiries - it's normal to start a new thread with a new enquiry on TA.

Hotel 20 is on London Road, just east of the city centre. Taxi fares from the airport to the central area are usual a pound or so over £20, so it might be as much as £25, especially if the driver has to take a detour (for example, to avoid our ongoing tram works) or if the journey takes longer than usual. The west (airport) side of the city tends to be quite congested at 0800, so the latter is quite possible.

Edited: 28 April 2013, 18:20
12. Re: Airport to City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 06:18