We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockbridge

Plano TX
Level Contributor
347 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Stockbridge

Hello everyone. Our Scotland holiday is just a week away and we received word this morning that our B&B accomodation in Edinburgh has been changed (due to a computer glitch). The new B&B looks really lovely (actually better than the one we were scheduled to stay at) and it's located in Stockbridge. I have been doing months of reading and research about Scotland and don't really know anything about Stockbridge. Honestly, I am worn out with all the research and just ready for the trip to get here already! I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me a bit about this area of the city. All I know is that there is a very good cheese shop. Thank you!! :)

Elaine

Plano TX
Level Contributor
347 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Stockbridge

Thank you all for the info!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
737 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Stockbridge

The 'Stockbridge Tap' pub has a good selection of Scottish beer (real ales/craft ales) if that's of any interest.

Botanic Gardens is very near too - pop into the excellent Herbies Deli (or Mellis) and stock up on bread and cheese/ roast beef and have a picnic. :)

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Stockbridge

Stockbridge is my favourite part of Edinburgh to enjoy a wander and lunch. Herbies deli, mellis cheesemonger, ravenous cafe - all must-visits. Walk to The Colonies to see a beautifully preserved corner of old edinburgh. Inverleith Park, Water of Leith and the Botanic Gardens are all a stones throw. It's such a lovely part of town.

Abs :)

14. Re: Stockbridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 06:18