We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi for 6 from Edinburgh airport

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
Taxi for 6 from Edinburgh airport

If my flight ( VS3005 from Ldn ) arrive Edinburgh at 12:50pm what time should I book the taxi??

Any recommendation for online taxi booking for 6 persons from overseas??

How much do I expect to pay??

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi for 6 from Edinburgh airport

You don't have to pre book, there are plenty of taxis at any time at the airport- although not all will seat six so you may have to wait for five minutes. Presuming you are going to the city centre a taxi for six would be about £30.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi for 6 from Edinburgh airport

I would offer the same advice as 3NF, but would add that the private hire desk is rather more likely to have a 6+ seater immediately available than the black-cab rank.

From the domestic arrivals exit, take a hard left and follow a covered walkway (perhaps 30 metres long) to the private hire dispatcher's office. They usually have someone standing at the terminal end of the walkway to answer enquiries and drum up business. If there isn't a 6-seater car in the dispatch area, the dispatcher can call one up.

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi for 6 from Edinburgh airport

Thank you

My flight will leave at 9:05am on Sat morning. What time should I book the taxi to pick me up. My B&B is very close to city center.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi for 6 from Edinburgh airport

It takes about 30 minutes (usually a little less) to get from the city centre to the airport. How much time does your airline advise you to allow at the airport? Security at EDI is these days relatively efficient, but on a bad day it can take as much as 20 minutes, in addition to any check-in time; most flights try to board about 20-30 minutes before departure so you definitely need to be at the airport at least an hour before take-off.

Personally, I would book a cab for 0700, but I do fly out most weeks, check-in online, and know the system. You may need a bit more time, especially if you are travelling with family, have a lot of bags, or are taking a transAtlantic departure.

5. Re: Taxi for 6 from Edinburgh airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 05:17