We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from edinburgh to glasgow

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Valletta, Malta
2 posts
Save Topic
travelling from edinburgh to glasgow

What kind of transport is available to travel from edinburgh to glasgow after 23.30? or even later?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from edinburgh to glasgow

The answer is very dependent on the date when you wish to travel. Normally, the last 900 bus (Edinburgh to Glasgow) runs at 2359, but during August (the Edinburgh festival high month), there are others at 0130 and 0300.

Traveline at http://www.travelinescotland.com/ will allow you to explore all the options.

Valletta, Malta
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from edinburgh to glasgow

Dear John

Thanks for your welcome advice. We shall be there for the Military in August so I hope what you say is true as i need to travel back to glasgow after. I have sent an email to your link asking for schedules.

How long does this journey last?

Joseph

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from edinburgh to glasgow

citylink.co.uk/timetables/Summer13/900.pdf

This is the Scottish Citylink timetable.

Journey time about 75 minutes.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from edinburgh to glasgow

There will be late trains as well; there were during tattoo/festival time 2012. I think the last journey was about 00:30 am, maybe even later.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling from edinburgh to glasgow

If you are booked for the late Saturday show, trains will be tight. MIdweek or early Saturday - no problem.

If you can get a train it's better - less time, more comfortable.

6. Re: travelling from edinburgh to glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 06:20