We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
107 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

We are driving into edinburgh from skye and just found out our b&b canceled our reservations. So now I'm looking for a new place to stay. We will be dripping off the car at either airport our city center at Hertz and fly home to toronto on july 28th at 8am.

we are looking at doing done sightseeing and exploring the town, so I was wondering if this premier inn would be a good choice considering our early flight or should I keep looking somewhere in town.

We are a couple in our 30s, also don't mind taking the train or bus in if it is convenient and reasonable.

Thank you

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,326 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

The Premier Inn is perfect as its just a minutes walk to the train station and the return ticket is really cheap. It also has ample free parking.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,412 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

Recently stayed there, the station is lterally just across the road from the hotel and very convenient.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,326 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

Just an add on.....it's also at the right side of the city for the airport so just a short drive in the morning to drop the car off.

Level Contributor
107 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

That's wonderful, thank you all so much

We have never been to scotland so I'm not sure if I'll be needing a car in the city, so we were planning on returning it to the airport on the drive in and then taxi to the hotel.

Are taxi readily available there in early morning on weekend to get to airport?

Any other suggestions about the hotel or transit into city greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much

Wol
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
395 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

I would drop car off then get taxi into City Centre and book somewhere nicer to stay than a Premier Inn. Don't suppose it matters how close your hotel is to the airport f you still have to rely on getting bus/taxi anyway? Not sure how long you have in Edinburgh but better to be within walking distance to your hotel. I would look for another B&B and I'm sure you will get plenty recommendations on here. My suggestion would be www.theguestroom.co.uk

Level Contributor
107 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

I have been looking fire a bed and breakfast, our reservations were called by them so now we are looking for a new place. most are now booked and are very expensive.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,326 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

For the price we couldnt fault The Premier Inn at The Gyle and the train to and from the City centre was so quick and easy.

Level Contributor
107 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

We found availability at Wallace's house, it is in the heart of Leith. Is that close to main attractions, good area?

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,915 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

>>We found availability at Wallace's house, it is in the heart of Leith. Is that close to main attractions<<

Not really, no. It's near Royal Yacht Britannia, but it's a long way from the majority of attractions in the centre of Edinburgh.

When I went to Edinburgh for the first time recently I stayed at the Best Western Bruntsfield. It's not exactly "central", but is about a 20 minute flat(ish) walk to the Royal Mile.

Edited: 28 June 2013, 10:06
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,688 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Premier Inn Gyle and city center queston

As it's for one night only I'd just stay at the PI and take the train into central Edinburgh for the rest of the day, returning the car the next day at the airport (do check that the car hire will be open when you drop it off)