We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arthur s seat.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Arthur s seat.

Hi Is there some walking route to the top of the Arhurs seat, or one has to climb there?

How long walk it is(if yes)?

Thank you.

Yuri.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arthur s seat.

There are several clear walking routes to the summit. On popular days just follow the crowds. Start at the back of Holyrood Palace.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arthur s seat.

How long is the walk?

Thank you.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arthur s seat.

It all depends on how fit you are. I generally take about 45-60 mins, but I know people that do it in under 20 to get up the top. Then you have fantastic views of over 60 miles. If you are into geology James Hutton the father of modern geology said " From the top of Arthurs Seat I can see every form of geology in the world"

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arthur s seat.

Thank you Mike.

I am perfectly ignorant in Geology, but is there some sourse I can read from, in order to explain to my 9 year old daughter?

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arthur s seat.

You can get a leaflet explaining the geology of Arthur's Seat from the information centre beside Holyrood Palace before you make your ascent

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arthur s seat.

Thank you very much, Mike! Helps a lot.

Yuri

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
978 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arthur s seat.

Arthur's Seat can be very windy and chilly at the summit, even in summer. You don't need to dress for serious mountain climbing, but sensible footwear and extra clothing (such as a fleece or anorak) is highly desirable. If climbing at dusk, take extra care as your descent may be in the dark. At present (July) it's still light at 22.00.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arthur s seat.

Matthew, thanks! I just got brand new Salomon hiking boots for my daughter ( I dont know why they cost like a kidney), so we are equipped.

9. Re: Arthur s seat.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 06:18