We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosslyn Chapel

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rosslyn Chapel

could anyone please tell me the travel information between Edinburgh city and Rosslyn Chapel by public transport. The time taken, route followed and price.

also which tour operator should we book ourself for Highland tours. Personal wish: " Heart of Scotland Tours". but there is a rider in their terms and condition that says unless the total no of passengers are more than 5 the tour cannot operate.

Thks.

Edited: 22 July 2013, 08:04
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rosslyn Chapel

lothianbuses.com/timetables-tickets-maps/…15

all the info on this link, tickets will be £1.50 each way or £3.50 for a day ticket ,exact change needed for the buses.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,370 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rosslyn Chapel

When are you visiting? In high season you won't get the main operators - Rabbies, Timberbush etc running with less than 5. They'll be busy. Low season might be a different story

Calcutta, West...
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rosslyn Chapel

visiting on 15.08.13. is this a high season. Thks.

Edited: 22 July 2013, 10:15
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rosslyn Chapel

yes ,thats the highest of the high season, the city will be extremly busy

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rosslyn Chapel

Back to transport to Rosslyn. The number 15 bus is ideal if you want to do this under your own steam, as Unclegus says.

Timberbush do a day tour including Rosslyn, Glenkinchie Distillery and Melrose Abbey - and both Timberbush and Rabbies get good crits on TA for their other trips. I see Heart of Scotland do a trip including Rosslyn, and they go down to Hadrian's wall which sound to me like a longer day.

The only thing I'd say is that a day trip to Loch Ness (for example) would involve a LOT of time on a bus compared with being out and about and looking at scenery, so check the venues against a map to make sure you're not travelling too far in one day.

6. Re: Rosslyn Chapel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 06:20