We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh Waverley to Airport Travelodge

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berwick, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Edinburgh Waverley to Airport Travelodge

Hi

We're staying at the Travelodge near Edinburgh airport next Sunday night, before flying to Majorca on the Monday morning. Arriving at Edinburgh Waverley by train about 7pm. I'm thinking the best way to get to the Travelodge is to take the Airlink bus to the airport....but then is there a shuttle bus to the Travelodge and would I have to book this in advance? Or will we have to get a taxi to the Travelodge?

1 adult and 2 teenagers travelling.

When I booked flights from Edinburgh, I thought prices at the actual airport hotels would be comparable to the £70 it cost to stay at Newcastle airport last summer, not £250 for the Hilton!

Any advice appreciated.....

Berwick, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Edinburgh Waverley to Airport Travelodge

Thanks everyone for your help. I agree it makes more sense to get bus straight to Travelodge....if anyone knows what number bus that would be so helpful. Is the bus stop just across the road from the station or round the corner on Princes Street?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,622 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Edinburgh Waverley to Airport Travelodge

Like I said in post #3 Check the travelinescotland journey planner for details. There are multiple busses. Just put Prices Street and Ratho Station, Glasgow Road before Newbridge as your start and end points.

http://www.travelinescotland.com/welcome.do

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Edinburgh Waverley to Airport Travelodge

I wouldve flown frm Newcastle if i was you.

14. Re: Edinburgh Waverley to Airport Travelodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:18