We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central quiet apartments?

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Somerset
Level Contributor
38 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Central quiet apartments?

Hi folk - overwhelmed by choice of apartments! Looking for something for 2 people, nice quality, walking distance of the castle, but quiet if poss. Staying 3 nights budget is £350 in october half term. Would love the Chester but just a tad over our budget. Any recommendations welcomed.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central quiet apartments?

Well, the other favourite place is The Knight Residence. http://www.theknightresidence.co.uk/ Voted best in Edinburgh on many occasions. Check your dates and come back to us.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,212 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central quiet apartments?

I second that vote for the Knight Residence. We always stay there when in Edinburgh and would not consider staying anywhere else. It's just at the back of the castle . Has it's own private, secure parking. Lovely serviced apartments, enough food in the fridge for breakfast or lunch when you arrive. The big bonus is the way you are looked after. The concierge service is the best we have every known.

Somerset
Level Contributor
38 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central quiet apartments?

Thanks both but too expensive at £450 for 3 nights. But worth it, I'm sure!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,212 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central quiet apartments?

Lizzie you get what you pay for, nice quality, easy reach of the castle, is what you want, but a lot of other people want that too and for the high standard you get at the K.R. it's worth every penny, which is why it's usually No.1 in Edinburgh. However, try writing to the K.R. and ask if they will give you a deal for three nights. We have had deals from them in the past. Good luck.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,352 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central quiet apartments?

I've heard good things about this place. Central but very quiet and top quality. They appear to have a one bedroom apartment but I can't check online availability as you haven't said what your dates are

http://www.themewscompany.co.uk/index.html

Scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central quiet apartments?

I always stay at a flat in Queen Street in the New town.Just off Princes Street but has its own gardens used exclusively by the house owners in the street. It is beautifully furnished and has everything you need including a large four poster bed. I can't recommend it highly enough. www.edinburghflats.co.uk

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Central quiet apartments?

Cheapest option I think would be Air B and B. You can look for whole flats or just a room. Map search works well. The site holds the rent till 24 hours after you arrive. They also hold any deposit. Charges a booking fee, but the rents themselves are cheaper than any of the other owner rental sites I've used. Haven't used it for Edinburgh obviously cos I live here, but have used it for Madrid and Lisbon

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,794 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Central quiet apartments?

55 Cumberland Street is very quiet and I am sure it wouldn't cost that - IF its available. Its a good walk to the Castle but you could always hop on a bus! The stop is 5 minutes away for the Royal Mile buses.

edlets.com/accommodation/…cumberland_street

This is another one we have stayed in and its 2 seconds from the Royal Mile and about 10 minute walk to the Castle - I can highly recommend it - we stayed there in March and would happily return.

homeaway.com/vacation-rental/reviews/p1052515

Woody x

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Central quiet apartments?

I had stayed at the Fountain Court apartments which I would say are walking distance from the castle and princess street. Stayed for 2 weeks in their 4-star apartment and for 4 weeks in their 5-star apartment. Very good experience. You can read more about it in my blog on Edinburgh at bcmtouring.com/forum/…

Hope this helps...

Toronto
Level Contributor
16 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Central quiet apartments?

Hi Lizzie,

I just recommended My Edinburgh Life in another forum post today. I stayed there for 2 or 3 nights a year ago. It is literally a 2min walk from Haymarket Rail Station. It seems to be a house that was converted into individual rooms for rent. There is a kitchen area where the house staff lay out a beautiful continental brekkie every morning AND you can use the kitchen to do your own cooking if you choose. It is a communal kitchen so you'd need to take care of all the clean up. It lets out onto a beautiful tiny garden area.

The house was in a quiet neighbourhood but is a nice walk over to the Castle, Princes St and all the tour buses. I have included the link to their website. There will be someone to meet you when you get there and they will show you around and provide you with your key. Other than that, there isn't a lot of support; it really is like an apartment so if you are looking for a place with 24hr staff, this is not for you. Otherwise, I found it to be perfect and within our budget, clean, convenient and safe.

Link: http://www.myedinburghlife.com/

Check it out. Have a fantstatic stay, wherever you end up!